Monday, April 8, 2019

🎶 On The Road Again 🎶

We spent the night in the RV and left around 8:45 the next morning,  We made two pit stops and arrived in Ingram about 2:30.  We got set up and headed into town to get my rental car for the weekend.  When we returned, I served the meatballs and spaghetti that was in the crockpot.  Eventually I packed my suitcase for the weekend in San Antonio and went to bed.

I was up long before the alarm went off and got everything together I was going to need.  Ted was up by the time I left.  I stopped once at a rest area and then continued on to the airport.  I was in dire need of a pit stop again but knew the cellphone lot was next to a Burger King so I waited until I arrived there.  Flyaware notified me the plane was going to be 25 minutes late so I pulled up to the gas pumps and filled the car.  I had a short wait until Margaret called to say she was at the curb.

We checked into the hotel and then walked to visit the San Fernando Cathedral before dropping down to the Riverwalk where we ate lunch and then took the boat ride.


We visited the Buckhorn Saloon where I couldn’t resist the shooting gallery where I scored an impressive 264,000 points!



We continued on our walking tour eventually ending up at The Alamo where I was disappointed to find the Long Barracks Museum closed for renovation.  We did arrive just as a talk was given in the courtyard about the battle which gave everyone some information on the importance San Antonio, Gonzales, Goliad and San Jacinto played in the creation of the Republic of Texas.

We then walked to The Mercado where we had dinner at La Margarita restaurant before heading home for the night.

Saturday weather had been predicted at 90% rain but we lucked out and it was a nice day.  We caught the Hop On Hop Off bus right in front of our hotel and started the days journey.  We intended to stay on for the entire loop taking one hour then circling back to The Pearl, a shopping/apartment/restaurant venue where the old Pearl brewery was.  The buildings have been blended into the new with a great effect.

Our driver was so loud and borderline obnoxious we got off at the next stop, the Art Museum and chose to walk back to The Pearl. We had no idea the Riverwalk continued until we followed the stairs down.  What a pleasant surprise!  If you think the boat ride in town is the Riverwalk you are missing many of the greatest parts.  I am having trouble loading the next photos so I will start a new post.











After pursuing the stores and vendors where I bought a Christmas guftwe caught the bus and rode it to

No comments: