Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Weekend

Friday we stayed home getting our plans for this week in order.  We ordered a cheese pizza for dinner and spent the evening in watching TV.

We talked to Kristin in Florida and arranged to spend a week with them and be there for Larry’s gall bladder surgery on May 3.  While I had the time, I got my clothes together and placed them on one of the twin beds.  Since we weren’t going to church Saturday evening we agreed to meet Tommy and Susan for dinner.  We went back to the campground and discussed some summer and fall plans once Susan retires.  I started yawning so we came home.

We had a leisurely Easter morning then went to the chapel of our local hospital for Mass at 11:30.  There were about two dozen people and it was an intimate service.  After church we met up with a dozen folks at the country club for brunch.  The food was delicious and was the only meal I ate all day.  We had forgotten Terry’s birthday present and I had purchased a jar of tomato preserves in Fredericksburg for Carol.  She loves them and they are hard to find.  So we went home, changed clothes, gathered the gifts and went to their house.  We visited and watched a TV documentary on Ireland.  I am more excited about the trip after seeing it.

We tied up loose ends so we could take off on Tuesday heading east.  We put Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama in our rear view mirror before stopping for the night in Pensacola, FL.  Wednesday we made our way to Winter Springs by mid-afternoon.  Kristin and Larry were meeting
with the surgical team and didn’t arrive home until in the evening.


Thursday we took a two hour drive to Sebring to check out a motor home but it had about $10,000 worth of tires, batteries, carpeting, paint repair that we didn’t want to deal with.  However, my sister Laurie drove over to meet us for what turned out to be an early dinner and we had a great visit.  We don’t get to see each other too often.

They predicted rain for Friday but it never came.  Kristin and I did some decorating shopping on Friday and checked out an estate sale but there wasn’t anything there.  We are still moving things around and may need to return some things and try other things we didn’t buy.

We have started watching The Crown in Netflix and are enjoying it.  We fill Kristin in on events we remember starting in the early 50’s like Eisenhower.  We will recall more as the series continues.

There was a NAMI walk on Saturday and Kristin was scheduled to work at the booth passing out water.  I went with her and walked around the park looking at the vendors.  There was a silent auction and a raffle so I bought a few tickets but didn’t win anything, but it was for a good cause.  On her break she and I did one lap around the lake, a mile, but never did the other two to make 5K.  Ted was in the pool when we arrived home.

Church was at 5:00 and the priest who married them seems to remember us.  He is the one who asked me if I had been the Mother of the Bride at their rehearsal.  When I answered “Yes, twice” he pointed to the front row and said “Park it.”  Good thing I remembered what to do!











No comments: