Saturday, March 30, 2019

Let’s Stick With This

 My best guess is the Blogger App would not update and that was causing my problem, probably in conjunction with the old I-Pad not being able to update to the newest ISO so by going through Safari I have it working again.  It is not as convenient as using the App but like many things in life, I will deal with it.

I may leave something out or repeat myself but I will start with last weekend.  We had to change our theater tickets from the first weekend in March to the third weekend when we would be home.  Gerre and Barry could not do it Friday so we opted for Saturday and just didn’t go to dinner so we could attend church.  They had grandkids’ ball games so it all worked out.

The play was Godspell and they did a superb job!  Their mudicals are usually their best efforts, though we enjoy the range of plays they choose.  There have been one or two I could have skipped.  But again, I just deal with it.

Sunday evening, our elusive Israeli neighbors stopped by for a visit.  They arrived home before us, took off Tuesday and we will leave before they return.  I received a set of three lotions from Wiesbaden, Germany in the classiest black bag and box I have ever seen.  It isn’t necessary for them to buy me things for the few things we do in their absence,  Lord knows we are like two ships passing in the night as it is!  But she insists.

I invited our Tennessee friends for lunch on Monday while they are in town.  We hadn’t seen them for quite awhile and everyone looked great, all of us having lost weight.  While I did WW, they did keto.  The best exercise or diet is the one you will do so to each his own.  We had a nice visit for a few hours catching up.

Tuesday I did laundry and my friend Judy stopped by to give me a gift.  It was an umbrella.  During an outing I had left my umbrella under a chair and when I went back for it, it was gone.  She is so sweet.  We got to talking about all the wildflowers in bloom and were trying to identify the ones we had seen so far.  As a thank you, I ordered a Texas Wild Flower book from Amazon that was delivered to her the next day!

I took it easy on Wednesday,  I had been so busy getting caught up I just did what I had to but nothing extra.  Thursday I worked on our taxes.  I had been missing one K-1 and got to thinking maybe they sent it to my old email.  It took some doing but I finally had it sent via my new email.

Thursday I was invited to breakfast by Jody and we had an almost 3 hour meal!  But we got caught up.  Time just flies by when you are with friends that are so easy to talk to.  It is like no time has elapsed at all.  Before we leave for the summer I will invite her to lunch one day.  If you don’t make time, it never happens.

From there I went to play Shanghai.  I did great until the last hand and then got caught and went from tied for 1st to 5th!  I dealt with it!

We have a friend receiving medical care at Methodist in Houston.  Another couple who are mutual friends are with them at one of the RV parks near the Medical Center.  The fellows asked Ted where they could shoot and he arranged for them to come to his club on Friday.  The girls stayed behind because with 3 treatments a day, it was too much for Jana.  Once he had gone to meet them I looked at the calendar and realized I had to get blood drawn for my Tuesday hematologist appointment.  Ted was home when I got back but I left shortly thereafter for a haircut.

I spent the evening finishing up our taxes.  Because I paid the same Estimated Taxes this year because I didn’t know how much the new tax bill would affect us, we are getting a tidy sum back.  I also can send much less each quarter this year.

Life is Good!






No comments: