Thursday, April 18, 2019

Falling Behind Again!

Jamie and I rode with Susan to some of the thrift stores in town on Friday.  This is not an activity everyone likes but we have always done this during our HH rally.  I had nothing in mind but actually bought some things.  One is a gift so I can’t tell you but it has to do with Christmas.  I also bought measuring cups and spoons since I always seem to be searching in the RV for them.  I bought a Chico’s blouse for $8 and a pair of Talbot’s slacks that fit perfectly (no hemming) for $7!  If you are familiar with these stores you will know they were good buys!  My mother managed  a Salvation Army thrift store in Florida so this kind of shopping is ok with me.  I also volunteer at one and see the really nice things that can come in.

After happy hour, Ted and I drove into Kerrville and had Golden Chick catfish dinners sitting on the patio next to the Guadalupe River.  It was pleasant out, quiet and peaceful.


Saturday we started getting things ready for our Sunday departure.  Since there was a 6 pm dinner planned, we drove to Comfort, TX to a 4 pm Mass to get back in time.  The dinner was prepared by the campground and was very good.  Afterwards we had a white elephant gift exchange.  We ended up with a collapsible trash container that comes in real handy for outside the RV.

Early Sunday morning we went to the clubhouse to say so long to everyone.  We stopped twice on our way home and pulled into the campground at 1:30 with Tommy waiting for us.  After setting up we took things home before returning to visit with Tommy and Susan.  On Monday, Tommy drove me home in his Tahoe because I underestimated what we had left to take home and in was too much for the back seat of the truck.  When we returned, Ted was hooked up and we drove to storage.

I was busy Monday and Tuesday, putting everything away, getting my desk cleared off and doing two weeks worth of laundry.  I received a comment in my blog from the gentleman whose wife had fallen.  He thanked me for calling him and said he has followed my blog for some time!  She had a broken nose and they both were sore because he had fallen too.  Thanks, Mike, for the shout out!  I hope you and Sandy are feeling better.

Wednesday was my gastro appointment.  I expected a colonoscopy appointment to be set up but instead he ordered lab tests on lots of specimens and ordered a Cologuard box to be sent to me.  To fulfill these requests we went to Sweet Tomatoes and I ate a huge salad.  It took only two hours for it to do its thing.

By Thursday morning I had done all he requested.  I put two in a cooler because one needed to be frozen, another refrigerated.  I dropped it all off at LabCorp bringing the two needing to be put away to the lady’s attention.  All she said was Hmph!

From there I went to WW and weighed in for April.  I am still 2.5# under goal.  It has been 8 months I have stayed below goal.  The doctor had noticed the 43# difference from last time I was there and was glad I had done it on purpose and did not indicate a medical condition.

My Hawaii photo book arrived and I sat it next to my new Poppy Plaque I bought in Fredericksburg.  I don’t want to lose important digital files by not having some printed.  Shutterfly and Mixbook do a nice job of making an event into a keepsake.








No comments: