Monday, March 18, 2019

OMG - The Mail!

We arrived in Victoria early enough to set up, eat ribs at Uncle Mutt’s and attend Mass at 4 pm.  We were happy to get home and call it an early evening.

We left about 9:15 the next morning.  We had decided to take The Grand Parkway, the third circle freeway around Houston (though it is not completed yet).  We would pick it up before Sugarland and get off at I-45.  Thank goodness I put it in my GPS because it is not real apparent where you leave 59 to pick up 99.  I led the way and when I got off 59 it was not clear cut how to get on 99 but I followed the purple line of the GPS and did it!  Ted had complete faith in me and just followed.  Another problem was at one point it said to take 290 to Austin.  What??  I knew not to do that but stayed in that lane in case it led to 99 north.  At the last minute it said move left to continue on 99 North.  Gee thanks!  But we made it!  

We spent the rest of the day unloading the trailer.  Getting 2+ months purchases, clothes and food from there to here was tiring.  Despite having everything spic and span earlier in the week, the light rain made everything dirty again.  After dinner I tackled a huge box of mail.  I was able to separate garbage from things I needed to tend to.  Then I went to bed.

Monday, Ted left to finish up at the trailer and then called me when it was time to put the trailer back in storage.  It takes two so he knows when he has backed in far enough.  After all, it is over 40 ft. behind him.  He worked on the pollen laden outdoor furniture, deck and porch while I worked on that mail calling my name when we returned home.  We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner after I started the first of four loads of laundry.  It was a long three days!

Despite having our calendar cleared until Saturday evening, I was invited to lunch on Tuesday with three Forum friends to pass off all the games I bought for the Silent Auction basket.  I was in a pretty good place with the taxes, laundry and putting things away so I agreed.  Two big shopping bags out of the house!  

I met Diane, Susan and Kathryn and passed the bags, went over our two basket contents and did the paperwork because we are a charity and need such things.  It was nice catching up on the Forum news and was a pleasant afternoon.

Ted suggested we go find a new IPad.  Sam’s will sell you one.  Good luck setting it up!  Best Buy will transfer for you as soon as they finish getting accredited.  So off to Apple which is probably where we should have started to begin with.  I told them of my Apple ID problem and it took three associates to finally fix the problem.  At least I hope it is fixed!  I am finishing downloading apps that didn’t come over and so far so good except for Words With Friends.  I had a previous account and it is the one that showed up.  So I notified the current players of my "new name" so we can continue to play.

I am going to start a new blog to see about photos.  The Apple guy said Blogger has only 1.6 out of 5 and lots of photo problems in the comments.  I may have to switch to Wordpress.














No comments: