Monday, July 31, 2017

On To The Bridal Shower

Sunday we were up early to attend 7:30 Mass.  Ron fixed breakfast for us and shortly thereafter we were off, thanking our hosts for their hospitality.  We had about a 2 hour drive to Celina which took a bit longer when I directed Ted to Dan and Sue's old house!  He told me I was wrong but I told him I took him exactly where I intended to!  ๐Ÿ˜

Soon after our arrival their son Ed and his wife Vicki came over followed by son Brandon, his wife Rachel and baby Hudson.  We were all going out to dinner!  It was such fun watching Hudson eat cucumbers and green beans!  

We slept really well and had breakfast and a long visit with Dan and Sue before taking off around noon headed to Michigan.  It was about a 3 hour trip and we hit no construction slowdowns!  Kara was working when we arrived and Bill and the kids were out so we settled in and eventually went out to dinner.  

Here are a few more shots from the reunion.

LaRosa's pizzas


Skyline Chili


Ted pointing his family out.


Kara with cousins Paul, Pam and their son Graham


Kelly with cousins Jennie and DJ


Ted with grandson Sam and younger brother Kevin 


We all had places to go on Tuesday.  Kara and Bill went to a doctor appointment, Ted took Sam to driver's ed and I took Morgan to the orthodontist.  She and I continued on to Walmart to drop off my two prescriptions to be refilled.  She picked out some school supplies and I bought two cards to say thanks for all the hospitality we received.

Usually it takes a day for my prescriptions to transfer so I was surprised when I so quickly received a text saying they were ready and were almost $600!  I estimated about $150.  Turns out the script transferred but not my insurance.  I am glad to report it was less than $100 for both.  While there Ted had new nose clips put on his glasses.  We bought some things and I fixed dinner for us all.

We watched two movies on their new TV subscription, one was good, the other stupid!  I finally turned in around 11.  

Wednesday we didn't do much at all.  We met everyone at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner including Cameron, Cassie's latest friend and he was very nice inquiring about my health and how I felt.  I ordered a chicken wrap and ended up giving half of it to Larry.  The wings he ordered were too hot for him to eat.  

The next day Ted, Bill, the kids, Kristin and I drove to Addison Oaks to make a camping reservation for September.  They added a circle road in the large grassy area behind the old sites and made many sites pull-thrus.  Our old spot #2 no longer exists.  Our first choice was reserved for the second weekend we will be there so we opted for our second choice which is the site to the right of old #2.  It started raining really hard and Bill brought us an umbrella inside to the office.  We will be there for 11 days, two of which will be spent at a Marriott in Cleveland so we get double dinged for those two!  

We stopped for lunch at a Mexican restaurant for lunch.  I had chicken empanadas that were very good.  It was $5 appetizer specials so I gave them a try.  Just enough after chips and salsa!  Everyone enjoyed their food.  You don't find Mexican restaurants everywhere you like look like in Texas.  

Next stop was BB&B for shower gifts.  I had mine sent awhile ago but Morgan and Kristin needed to shop.  We bought a toaster, a set of jelly roll cookie sheets and a complete set of three sizes of glasses.  Then we wrapped them at the self wrapping counter.  We put the boxed glasses inside two big boxes and ended up with four packages.  

No one was too hungry but Kara started making grilled cheese for someone and pretty soon everyone but Ted and I ate a small dinner.  We did have a dish of ice cream with them afterwards.  After warming up with naps on the couch, I went to bed a little after 10.  I feel fine most of the time but seem to get tired much easier than ever before.

Friday Kara had everyone over for a Mexican buffet.  She cooks and entertains so easily.  Everyone was here except Bidkar, our future grandson-in-law, because he was working.  I straightened up the upstairs bathroom but that was about it.  I am a bit concerned about getting tired so easily.  I have never been a good sleeper and now I am taking naps and sleeping all night.

Next post - the shower and our trip back home.

1 comment:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.