Sunday, July 16, 2017

Counting Down

After church we talked with Jeannette and Dick for some time and then left with Terry and Carol for dinner at the Tournament course of the country club.  They had a great special on fajitas and margaritas.  The bill was so inexpensive that Terry wouldn't even let us reimburse him for our part.  I had hot tea instead of a margarita because the A/C was so cold.  I feared it would keep me awake but it didn't!

Sunday was "get my clothes ready" day.  I laid out what I thought I needed and then put some of it back.  I do have access to laundry so there is no need to overpack.  Now I have a few items to iron.

We have so much to take with us!  Two bags of things for others.  A bear for the newest baby.  I sent the initial gift but just didn't want to spend postage on the big bear if I didn't have to.  Three boxes of  dishes for Ally's fiancรฉ to use in their apartment until after the wedding.  It's a nice Pfaltzgraf set so I think they will hang on to it. A blow up queen size bed just in case it is needed somewhere with so many coming into town.  My two bags of T-shirts to be made into a quilt by my very talented niece Jill.  Also, our carpet samples to use while picking out our new RV furniture, our Yeti cooler, my pedal machine to move my legs while riding and suitcases!!  And people ask why I drive an Expedition!

Monday was PT in the morning and then we received a call that our trailer was fixed.  We went right out to pick it up.  Turns out a ground wire that was just twisted copper at the end had worked loose.  They put a clip on it and secured it properly.  Voila!  12 volt was back!  I was able to get the carpet pads from the steps leading to the bedroom to take with us to Lambright's when we look at furniture.  


 Darker color right?

Tuesday I invited Gail for lunch so we could plan the October party for the nursing home.  We both have two trips before then and I won't be back in time to be here.  I wanted to do all I could beforehand so she has everything she needs.  We divided up responsibilities and chose items to make centerpieces.  We checked supplies and the only thing we need is orange balloons.  We also decided since we have so many red, white and blue supplies we will honor Election Day in November!  

This will be my first time using the computer training I took the morning of the day I ended up in the hospital.  Sure hope all the handouts and notes I took get me through the record keeping for our five events this year!  

Wednesday started early.  Both the PT fellow and Isabelle were due here at 8 am.  I needed to be up, dressed and house in order before they all arrived.  Vinnie was right on time.  We went through my whole exercise routine and then left to take a 10-15 minute walk.  When we got back, Isabelle had arrived and Ted let her in.  I received my second set of discharge papers having received the nursing ones the day before.  They both had said they were sorry to see me finish up because I was their best patient, very compliant.  It's those nuns again!

When everyone was gone, Ted left to get his haircut and I dressed to play Mahjongg.  But first I had to drop my two plants off at Judy's, take Gail's things to her that she left yesterday then finally to Diane's to play Mahjongg.  And I finally won a game!  It was almost 5:30 when I got home.  Ted had dinner ready.

Up again early and out the door by 9:00 on Thursday for my annual eye check up.  This doctor did my cataract surgery almost 10 years ago and I see him once a year.  There was no change in my night driving glasses and the overall health of my eyes remains excellent.  He said he would see me next year.

I was home long enough to eat a bowl of cereal as a late breakfast and headed in the other direction for a haircut, the first in 4 months!  I did a load of laundry when I got back home and Ted grilled some burgers.  Afterwards we went to Wendy's for a 50 cent Frosty.  We were introduced to this promotion last year at Grand Canyon Village.  They are just the right size.  

Friday I finally got the ironing done and finished my packing.  We took Ken and Nancy to lunch.  We were scheduled the day I went to the hospital but they had to cancel which is why I was out shopping alone that afternoon.  I didn't want to give her the mail key again still being indebted for last time.  It didn't seem much like Friday for some reason.  We spent the evening at home.

Saturday we said goodbye to Tucker.  After I mailed the lawn maintenance check, dropped the mailbox key off to Nancy, I headed north to hand off Tucker to another of Gerre's friends for his last week before they come home.  Then I hit the nail salon.  It wasn't long after I got home that we went to church and back home to finish packing!  

On the road again.  ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ










No comments: