Monday, August 7, 2017

And The Big Day Arrives

Kelly arranged the seating at the shower and every table had a hostess so I had Diana, Kelly's friend (and mine) from our old church, Anna from Marriage Encounter (Kelly and Pat are Detroit area leaders) and her two daughters Lea and Sister Marla, a nun, home from her assignment in Italy (she comes home once every two years) and Larry, my son-in-law, the photographer.

Lunch was soup, salad, choice of an Italian entrée, bread, drink and Casada cake (three layers with cannoli filling in between each one).  Yum!  I didn't eat the rest of the day.  And I didn't eat breakfast either.

Ally received lots of nice gifts and we played some games.  I got 100% on Who Knows Them Best but I couldn't win!  Since I was the actual hostess, I guess that was right but I had nothing to do with the questions!  

Ally is 23 but is so tiny it is hard to believe.  I will have more photos when Larry gets home and shares them.


Everyone had a good time and Bidkar's parents who had driven over from Kalamazoo went back to the apartment with them to see it.  We went home where I couldn't wait to get out of my dress.  I don't remember the last time I wore a knee length dress.

Kara cooked us eggs, goetta and toast for breakfast Sunday and then we all went to Mass, including Pat's mother, and I got to visit friends who still belong to that church.  I feel more at home in that church than any other.  When I left St. Ann's in Florida I felt that way but Florida remains a very transient area and the last time I went there I knew no one.

We left and headed to Indiana.  There was no reason to leave for Shipshewana too early because the Amish town is closed up tighter than a drum on Sunday.  After checking Into Der Ruhe Blatz (The Restful Place) we backtracked to Howe to their diner.  We eat there when we are at DRV having the RV repaired.  This time we just drove by to check out the new overnight sites they have put in.  

We had 3 things to accomplish - getting coffee for Irene at Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, ordering furniture for the RV at Lambright's (Amish made) and making an appointment for some things to be done on the RV when we return in October.  Ted ran over to Middlebury while I got ready, we picked out a new couch and a pair of theater seats with a center console at Lambright's and made an appointment  with Paul Cross in LaGrange for 10/4.  Happy Birthday to me!    

We headed south and stopped at the shoe outlet where I found one more pair of shoes then settled into the same hotel in Bowling Green where we stopped on the way up.  Ted ran over to the Russell store and came back with three more shirts and dinner.  The finale of the Bachelorette was going to come on and I wanted to stay in.

What a weird ending!  How can you cry your eyes out for someone who wants to just move forward slowly and then accept an engagement ring the next day from someone else?  If she planned to do that anyway, why all the tears?  Does that guy feel like second runner up or "winning" by default?  Between that scenario and the overbearing mother, I give these two a snowball's chance in Hades to be a couple next month.  Statistics are on my side!  

We left early on Tuesday because we needed to stop at Nashville Shores and check out the venue for our 2019 family reunion.  It is a different sort of venue but I think we can make it work.  There are cabins, RV spots, zip lines park, HUGE water park, boat rentals, marina, food, drinks, concerts, private tented areas for our dinner, etc.  We need to run the numbers and discuss the pros and cons before making a decision.  

We left this area east of Nashville at 11:00 and drove to south of Little Rock and stayed in the same motel we stayed on the way up.  One more day on the road and we would be home!  We were on our way at 7:15 with a few rest stops along the way, arriving home about 3:00.  Emptying the car is a lot easier than emptying the RV, cleaning it and putting it away.

We will be home until mid-September when we will head back to OH, MI and IN for two weddings and picking up our ordered furniture.  We were so relieved to know I was able to travel without incident.  Another Doppler is scheduled before we leave to check on the DVT and the effect the blood thinner is having on it.   We feel with needed stops for restrooms, gas and eating plus my pedaling machine that I can travel safely while pulling the RV.  We just need to plan ahead.  I have an app showing every truck stop and rest area so we will use that to insure I stop for a walk when necessary.





 

.  

No comments: