Sunday, July 9, 2017

And We Wait

Just as Barry and Gerre approached our house the heavens opened up.  They called and asked if we would open the garage door to more easily get Tucker and his things inside.  Once settled, we left in separate cars and drove through a real downpour for several minutes and then ... nothing.  It was dry and hadn't even rained just a few miles north.  

We were seated right away at Saltgrass and had a nice dinner.  Ted picked up the tab because we have been to their house so much recently.  The time they were invited to our house I ended up in the hospital!

9 to 5 The Musical followed the story line of the original movie pretty closely but the music told a lot of the story and was pretty funny.  The two ensembles, one of men and the other women, were not the most talented bunch but it gave interested parties a chance to be on stage.  The three lead women all did a great job.  Afterwards we said goodbye and told our friends to have a relaxing, safe trip.  Hopefully we will be gone by the time they return so we won't see them for over a month.  We will take Tucker to their other friends when we leave.

We woke to no power on Saturday morning.  It lasted about two hours so it only delayed my morning coffee, nothing more.  Ted worked a fund raiser at the gun club and I eventually did laundry.  We went to church as usual and came home.  

Sunday Ted went shooting again and I just putzed around the house until time to get ready to go visit Tommy and Susan who are at the campground nearby.  We visited for an hour or so before leaving to have dinner.  There is an Italian place that has great lasagna and everyone but me had it.  I chose chicken Parmesan.  Afterwards we went back to the campground and sat out and were joined by a couple from Michigan, until it started sprinkling.  We went inside for ice cream and cake to celebrate Tommy's birthday.  Tommy had to walk Ted with an umbrella to get the car and then walked me to the car when he pulled up.

It rained all night and most of Monday.  Tucker hates the rain and wet grass so every "visit out" is a bit of a challenge.  When it is dry he goes right out.  It was a lazy day.

Tuesday we went to the cardiologist and waited an anxious 1 hour and 15 minutes past our appointment time.  But the news was terrific!  My stress test showed not only no damage but a heart functioning above average for my age.  Don't you love that add on?  "For your age."  Translation "you are old."  They did a Doppler on my DVT and it is still there but better than last time with minimal circulation passing through it.  

I will remain on Eliquis and have a passel of appointments in August and September.  In the meantime we can travel!

She gave us the OK to travel to Ohio and Michigan by car.  We need to stop at least every two hours and take my medicine religiously.  We will be gone about three weeks, return home, do all the doctor visits and then HOPEFULLY leave with the RV for a wedding in Cleveland the third week in September followed by our granddaughter's wedding the last weekend in September.  Then, as you already know, instead of flying to Vancouver and cruising to Hawaii, we will come home.  

But we have one more outing to look forward to.  In October my brother Dan and his wife Sue are coming down with another couple.  Then Ted and I along with Pete and his wife will all gather in New Braunfels for a week while the guys shoot in the Sporting Clay Competitions at Nationals in San Antonio.  We are staying at a 3 cabin resort owned by a friend of Dan's.  I am really looking forward to this trip.  

So what do you do to celebrate good news?  We went to the gun range since it has been a long time since I have shot.  I cannot qualify for Concealed Carry with a .22 so I need to practice with the 9mm. It is hard for me to pull the 5# trigger but I just have to do it.  I didn't do too bad.  I am still way better with the .22 just because the trigger is easier for me to pull.  When I had acquired enough points that would have me passing, Ted told me to put the 5 final shots in the head. I did but it looks like 3 regular holes and one big one that is actually two bullets hitting in almost the exact same spot.


"There's nothing more important than our good health - that's our principal capital asset."  

 ~ Arlen Specter

No comments: