Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Mundane

Just a quick posting to let you all know I am doing well.  I am probably going to have this massive DVT in my left leg to one degree or another for the rest of my life.  We have the filter in place as a precaution and I am on blood thinners.  Removal is very dangerous so that would be a last resort.  My ankle and leg will probably swell throughout the day the more I am on it or even sitting.  Lying down with it elevated for now has shown the only decrease in swelling.  Long rides will need to be broken up and the sardine seats in an airplane are no longer on my radar.  Premium or Comfort seats will be needed.  

The girls have been magnificent as well as all our neighbors, family and friends.  Gifts, flowers, balloons, food galore and cards a plenty have arrived to cheer me on.  It is working!  I am determined to return to my full calendar with a constant eye on my leg, breathing and hydration.  In retrospect I can see small signs that indicated something was going awry.  But none was readily apparent to me as anything of great concern.

We have one more hurdle to get over tomorrow with a transvaginal ultrasound to take a look at something that appeared on my abdominal CT in the hospital.  I am 17 years post menopausal with absolutely not even a whisper of anything wrong and I have yearly Pap smears which all have been normal.  But we will do this just to check it out.  

I hope all my readers are having a great summer.  Hug your loved ones, make that call to someone you need to touch base with, talk to God each and every day.  You don't want him saying "who?" when people pray for you.  


No comments: