Tuesday, October 25, 2016

And A Wedding Is On



I was up bright and early at 6:15 to wake Sam.  He gets right up and gets ready.  No arguing or coming back several times to get him out of bed.  I go downstairs, prepare breakfast, pack lunches and send him on his way. Morgan gets herself up at 7:25, comes down, eats then goes back upstairs to get ready.  They are both so easy to deal with in the morning.

I did my morning chores (emptying the dishwasher and making beds).  Then I got ready to meet Kelly, Cassie, Ally and their other grandma at the Wedding Shoppe.  Poor Cassie came in a wheelchair.  She has rheumatoid arthritis and is having a particularly bad flare up at the moment.  Ally showed the sales lady photos of dresses she liked and described in detail what she did and didn't want.  We all sat in a semi circle around the mirrored area while she tried on dress after dress.  I was surprised that she actually chose a dress today.  It was the one I liked best but I didn't say much because she needs to please herself, no one else.  It is simple, yet elegant.  The dress is just her.  Not sexy, not flashy, not overwhelming.  She is only a size zero or two so they had to use clips to bunch up the dresses in the back to make them fit her.  She had her binder with her where she is keeping all her paperwork.  The salon gave her a bag with their logo and a bottle of wine.  She was so tickled.  I have to admit I teared up.  I wondered if we would ever live long enough to see great grandchildren but the possibility certainly looms closer than I ever imagined.

Cassie's friend Cameron came by the salon to pick her up and take her swimming.  He is a friend to both her and Kyle and takes her to either his swimming pool or the indoor community center swimming pool on Tuesdays.  That is the best exercise she can do.  I think they have lunch also.

That left the four of us to have lunch together.  We talked about Ally's graduation date, a shower date and our travel plans.  The commencement ceremony is at 9 am on the last Friday in April.  Kelly said there is a different group every hour so it goes quickly and they are not planning any party, probably just breakfast out due to the early hour.  She suggested we skip that, plan the shower for when we will be up here in July or August.  Then we will take the RV home and fly back up the end of September for the wedding.  Apparently I need a peach, apricot, or salmon colored dress but I don't know if it should be short or long.  Lou paid for lunch since she said Ted and I are always taking her out when we are here.  

When I left them I went to pick up Sam from school.  He stayed late for a session with help in math and science.  On the way home he explained to me the difference between cohesion and adhesion.  So now I know!

We ate most of the leftovers for dinner.  Kathy had stopped by with a huge pan of Mac and cheese which rounded out our meal.  We watched TV, cutting away to the ballgame occasionally.  The Indians were ahead 3-0 last I looked before heading to bed.  Ted had called and said the actuator in my car was repaired so no more clacking when I start it up.  

The kids had a half day so no packing lunches in the morning.  I emptied the dishwasher and then fell back to sleep on the couch.  The fellows came to blow out the sprinkler system, something we haven't needed to do for 20 years.  The kids came home by noon and went upstairs to do their homework.  Morgan came down and I helped her make a pumpkin pie and I did a load of laundry.  It was a pretty lazy day.

Thursday Kara ventured to the grocery with me.  I pushed the cart and loaded and unloaded the bags so she didn't have to.  I made a tomato/cucumber/onion salad for dinner and had Bill pick up a rotisserie chicken on his way home.  We made buckeye candies for Friday night when we are having the other kids over.

By 7 a.m. Friday I had Sam off to school, the dishwasher empty, and a load of laundry going.  Once Morgan left a little before 8:00 I went upstairs, cleaned the bathroom the kids and I use, made the beds and got myself ready.  I wanted to go shopping at Kohl's to buy a couple's present for Ally and Bidkar for Christmas.  Leaving presents here wrapped and ready to go just makes sense.  Since he has a small apartment I don't know what he has so I went with two bath towel sets, four dish towels and dishcloths and a set of glasses.  Ally will also get her gift check and a separate check for P&G stock.  I forced all four grandchildren to invest in that stock by making a separate check each year to P&G Shareholder Services.  They couldn't do anything else with it.  Of course now with cars, college and weddings on the horizon for them all, those accounts are looking good.  I set them up with Dividend Reinvestment so they have grown beyond my yearly contribution.  I think the older ones had one split early on.  Procter & Gamble was a wonderful company to work for.

The Procter & Gamble Company (PG)

 -NYSE   
86.84 Up 0.26(0.30%) Oct 28, 4:00PM EDT
After Hours : 87.09 Up 0.25 (0.29%) Oct 28, 7:27PM EDT
Prev Close:86.58
Open:86.87
Bid:86.84 x 300
Ask:87.09 x 500
1y Target Est:93.06
Beta:0.633417
Earnings Date:Jan 24 - Jan 30 (Est.)
Day's Range:86.45 - 87.23
52wk Range:73.95 - 90.33
Volume:7,021,059
Avg Vol (3m):21,663,000
Market Cap:231.81B
P/E (ttm):23.51
EPS (ttm):3.69
Div & Yield:2.68 (3.06%)












When I came home I wrapped the gifts so now I have 7 of the 10 gifts needed all wrapped and ready, stored in Kara's guest closet.

No comments: