Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week Three

PT was at 9:30 Wednesday and I am doing great they tell me.  I can walk slowly by myself but it hurts and eventually I give in to limping.  The cane takes the brunt when I use it so I will continue with it for awhile.  

I did a load of laundry and wrote out thank you cards to all our food and flower contributors.  And that was pretty much it for my day.  I stayed alone for awhile when Ted went to the grocery for a few things, staying put while he is gone so I know I won't fall.

We finished the steak and chicken kabobs Judy brought the day before for our dinner.  And I watched Survivor and NO football.  We are both getting bored but we will just have to be patient for another few weeks.

Ted drove me to get a haircut, only my second outing since surgery.  It felt so good to get it done and look human again.  It was about 1:30 when we were finished so we stopped at Whataburger for lunch.  That worked out OK and I was able to use the handicapped restroom with no difficulty.  I used only my cane for walking.

It tired me out so I took a little nap when we got back.  Shortly after 5:00 Marleah came with vegetable soup and muffins for our dinner.  Ted loves soup and he pronounced it Good Stuff.  She stayed for a visit and we all enjoyed that.  Later on Cleveland played Cincinnati in football so it was exciting to see the two Ohio rivals face off especially since the Bengal win made them 8-0 for the season.  I slept through must of it though.  Going out just wears a girl out.

BORING!  That was Friday.  I am about to lose my mind.  I pick up the few things in the morning and one by one (since I only have one free hand to use) I put things where they belong.  I can get my own coffee so Ted sleeps in and I use my IPad for email, banking, etc.  Once he is up I can be a bit more adventuresome in moving around and he stays with me while I do my PT.  After lunch the whole afternoon and entire evening stretch before us.  He did leave to check the batteries on the trailer so it was back into the recliner for me.  After dinner the TV shows were good so that helped pass the time.  Next week is looking better so I just need to hang in there a bit longer.

Saturday was the wedding we missed in Michigan.  Our daughter Kristin was Matron of Honor for her friend since age 8, Sheetal.  Friday night was the traditional Indian Garba and the wedding ceremony was Saturday.  Kelly, Pat, Kara and Bill were there too.  Everyone was so disappointed we couldn't make it but there was just no way.

Traditional Indian dress.



The wedding venue.



Congratulations, Sheetal and John.

Judy came by on Sunday to bring lunch and take me for a ride while her husband golfed and Ted went shooting.  It was a glorious fall day and I welcomed the chance to get out into the sunshine.

On Monday I had PT early and then Gus and Melissa drove all the way from Austin just to take us to lunch before they head home to Michigan.  We usually try to meet half way but it wasn't in the cards this time.  I thought we would have to skip but they said they would just drive here.  And they paid for lunch!  There was no talking them out of it.  Such wonderful, faithful friends.

I received this photo of my great-great nieces and nephews taken at the lake house this summer.  We spent the 4th of July with them.  They are all so cute and fun to be with.  Jameson, Maddy, Morgan, Lily, Jemma and Lucas.


Jameson and Jemma's Daddy works with my nephew Dave in operating the fireworks for the Bengals and Colts.  Ted is jealous of the field access they have!






I had a doctor's appointment today and tomorrow I start Week Four.  They took an x-Ray of my new hip and all looks good.  For now I will finish up my PT this week and next, do my PT on my own on days the PT doesn't come and then until 12/1 when I have my next doctor appointment.  





No comments: