Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Tax Man Cometh

 I spent more time Wednesday morning separating the mail.  What to shred, to pay, to save for filing, to keep for doing taxes, to simply throw away.  So many magazines and catalogues.  I will tell Nancy to toss them in the future.  

I gathered my clothes from the drawers, emptied the pantry of foods that could draw bugs, packed up the truck and headed for home.  We stopped at Walmart for a new battery charger and while Ted dealt with that I put things away.  No amount of charging was affecting the car so Ted called Car Repair.  They brought a new battery and installed it since he and Noel were unable to get the old one out.  He said the battery was so dead it would never have accepted a charge.  I think of my car as "new" because I keep them so long that neither of us realized the battery was 3.5 years old.  Sitting for two months did it in!

I did two loads of laundry and gathered the tax stuff together that I had at home so I can put it all together.  Now I can work on it when I have time.  

We came back to the campground and a little before 6:00 went to Tommy and Susan's motorhome for dinner.  We stayed to watch Survivor and then came home.  We will load the hanging clothes and refrigerated items in my car and I will follow Ted to storage.  I have to direct him when he backs into the spot.  There is less than three feet on either side plus he can't see where to stop at the back.  We get this done in just a few minutes.  

Then the fun begins at home.  All the beds need stripping, the house needs to be cleaned, odds and ends need to be put away, I need to go to the store and we each have three doctor appointments to make for routine matters.  It will be time to pay the piper.

We woke to cold, windy conditions Thursday.  We took our time and it was after 11:00 before we headed to storage.  Our residential refrigerator in the RV is great when in use but a real pain to empty!  I was almost wishing for my little one back.  We took more clothes than we needed but that is because we need all four seasons with this crazy weather.  Eventually everything will get put in place, the mail will be handled, the laundry done, the house cleaned and doctor appointments made.  Until then there won't be much to say.


No comments: