Saturday, March 21, 2015

Planning and More Planning

I spent the time Isabelle was cleaning making reservations for our trip through the lower peninsula of Michigan this summer.  Half of them I could do on line.  I will have to call the other half.  That wasn't feasible when the vacuum was running!  When I finished that, I addressed the invitations to our 50th  anniversary celebration.  It was so nice having a clean house once again.  I went outside and cleaned the patio furniture that was just laden with yellow pine pollen.  We have to deal with this every Spring for a few weeks.  Everything gets covered in it.  

I made my banana bread into miniature muffins to take Friday to our Junior Forum meeting.  When the meeting started it was announced that a member who was involved in a car accident with her husband and 7 month old grandbaby earlier in the week texted that her husband had died that morning.  We were all so shocked and sad.  The meeting went very quickly and not much was eaten so I brought home a lot of muffins and stuck them in the freezer.

Paul was probably in his mid-50s.  Both Carol and the baby were okay, thank God.  She was looking at her IPad and doesn't know what happened.  She told others she at first thought they had hit a brick wall.  Life can turn on a dime.  Treat everyone like it is the last time you are going to see them because someday it will be.

In the evening we met Gerre and Barry for dinner before attending the stage play A Streetcar Named Desire.  Ted had On the Waterfront, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe all mixed up in his head.  I tried to tell him that Stella and Blanche DuBois were characters in this play and neither Liz Taylor nor Richard Burton were in the movie.  Half way through the play when Stanley yells his famous "Stella" he admitted I was right.  Some things just aren't worth arguing about!

The play ran for 3.5 hours!  It was after midnight when we got home.  No other production has come close to lasting that long.  The lady playing Blanche did an absolutely superb job.  You had no doubt she was crazy.  Her facial expressions and mannerisms were right on.  Even though it was opening night everyone knew their part and lines with no apparent mix ups.  Quite an enjoyable evening.

I did a little more cleaning out in the garage on Saturday.  I also stripped the guestroom beds because those  linens didn't get changed in our hurried departure in December.  I put a meatloaf in the oven when we departed for church.  After dinner we watched Million Dollar Arm.  It was an OK movie.  It is based on a true story so I googled the boys to see where their opportunity led.  Their careers were shortlived but the program continues which I guess is a good thing.

I did a bit of shopping on Sunday.  Ted was shooting, the weather was nice and it was good to be out in the sunshine.  I bought black and blue slacks to add to my collection because I wear them constantly.  Depending upon the top and shoes I am wearing, the length and material matter.  And sometimes you need to toss out a pair or two and replace them.  I also picked up about 8 baby sleep outfits for the Pregnancy Center's "baby shower."  We worked the table giving out info and collecting donations after Mass Saturday night.  Now I just have to remember to take my contribution with us to church next week.

We are doing good with the doctors so far.  We got Ted's two biopsy reports from the spots on his arm today.  One is basal cell and he has to return in a few weeks to the doctor.  His forehead is scabbing over from the "chemical warfare" and he will start with the vaseline to remove them today.  My GYN appointment went fine.  My blood pressure was terrific again.  I called to schedule my mammogram and bone density tests today.  Because of my lumpectomy last year, the breast center wants to do a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound, not just a screening one, so Ted picked up the new prescription.  I also scheduled a bone density test.  That only leaves my eye exam in May and we are done!  The older I get the worse these appointments are.  Eventually someone is going to find something wrong!

Today was back to tax time.  I received an incorrect K-1.  I had to research back to 2012 to determine my thoughts were correct, then contact our account folks to confirm my records were right.  Finally I sent an email to the company who very quickly sent me a new, correct one.  Now I have to wait to download one more K-1 on 3/30.  Nothing like pushing the envelope on filing by 4/15.

I had some other financial transfers to handle.  Since it was a new procedure to me it took awhile to figure out how to do it all properly.  I am keeping my fingers crossed it is correct.  Sure glad I don't have to deal with medical insurance forms.  The supplement we have is a simple $147 deductible and we're done.  No more deductible, no co-pays for the rest of the year and is accepted wherever Medicare is.  No networks to plow through.

It seems just maybe Spring has sprung.  It is bluebonnet time in Texas.

No comments: