Sunday, June 15, 2014

In The Pink Again

Dr. Chang loves my self diagnosis fetish.  Other than my one female visit and two bloodwork visits each year, I seldom go to the doctor.  I was about to throw in the towel and go but after telling Ted I felt like my digestive system wasn't working it dawned on me that just maybe I had a touch of diverticulitis.  Since I take 2000 mg. of antibiotics before dentist appointments because of my hip replacement, I knew I could take that big dose and not do myself in.  And it worked.  I immediately felt better.  To be on the safe side I took the antibiotics for several days afterward.  Dr. Chang will roll his eyes when I tell him.

Tuesday I attempted to do my four hours at the thrift shop.  Because I was able to sit the whole time I had no difficulty.  I have 8 hours done now toward my 50.  

Wednesday we went to the restaurant at the country club for happy hour, buffet dinner and to play cards.  Ted won at his table and I tied for first at mine.  Someimes you get the cards, sometimes not.

Our neighborhood ladies luncheon was at Bonefish Grill on Thursday.  It was my first time there.  It is a smart, contemporary atmosphere but little food for a fair amount of money.  I would rather discover this by myself at lunch than with both of us for dinner.  There are so many new restaurants to try!

I cleaned out my closet on Friday and took some better things to a consignment shop and some to Goodwill.  I opened up about three feet of rod space!  From there we went to the grocery before I had a nail appointment.  We were gone all day running around.

Last night we went to Mass then to our friends house to play cards again.  I won again!  Ted came in second at his table.  My dime purse is full and will stay that way until August when we play again.

I have bunco here tomorrow.   Ted will move the trailer to the campground close by while that is going on.  Then we will load up in the afternoon.  Chris is available to start his stay, so we will sleep in the rig and take off first thing on Tuesday heading to Arkadelphia, Arkansas.  

Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”  ~ Terry PratchettA Hat Full of Sky






No comments: