Friday, March 4, 2011

Finally Finished

I wasn't allowed to eat Sunday, just clear liquids, and had to start the "medicine" at 6 pm. I was up until 2 (for obvious reasons) then had to take the next liter starting at 5 am. My test went well, all is OK, and after lunch I slept for several hours. It took two months to do a yearly physical. That means in 10 months I get to start all over!

Tuesday I was scheduled to work at Harvestwood Senior Center and the room was decorated in a rodeo theme. The rodeo is a season down here just like hunting, or Christmas, etc. Our Junior Forum Merry Melodies put on a terrific show hosted by Minnie Pearl. However, she said she was from Nashville so I reminded her later she is actually from Grinder's Switch. We northern rednecks know these things! I had a ball singing along to all the songs.

We normally play bingo with them but the show took up time and we ended up just having a raffle. We Junior Forum ladies always bring the prizes. I bought boxes of 10 birthday cards in the valley and taped 10 stamps to the top. Someone else had brought a book of stamps so it must be a good prize. Once I took a bottle of Tide and it went first. These seniors are on very limited incomes and anything that saves them money is so welcome. Lunch was brisket, of course. It is very gratifying to be thanked by these folks when they leave.

I came home to Ted browning ground beef and Italian sausage so I could put together two trays of lasagna for his Skeet shooting "banquet." When he left I settled down with my Kindle. A nice quiet evening by myself. Ted came back with a two foot high trophy for coming in first place. I am running out of room for his awards but I'm sure proud of his accomplishments.


In Texas the laundromat is referred to as the washateria and that's where we headed on Wednesday to wash the two twin bedspreads before our company arrives. When we were finished we stopped at Rayford to check on the Coushatta trip. It was canceled because they didn't hit the 40 they needed. But we stayed and visited with Tommy and Jay for awhile. They invited us to dinner with them but Ted had to go downtown to the Chronicle so we came home. I watched Survivor on my second evening alone.

I was up bright and early to get to the Tomagwa Shot Clinic for the morning. We did lots of paperwork in preparation for the Back To School shot blitz that will start over the summer. They weren't too busy with children that morning, I only had one record to compile. We also changed out all the info sheets that are given to the parents for each shot the children receive. The clinic is in good shape now Sherry said.

My daughter Kara was in Orlando last weekend to do the Disney Princess 5K with her friends. Another daughter Kristin lives there and they spent two days together visiting the Harry Potter part of Universal. All my kids and grandkids are Harry nuts! Last night she sent me this picture. I think they had a real good time.


Our weekend plans are changing due to the cancellation of the Coushatta trip and a memorial service for a friend's husband. I'll let you know how things went next time.

1 comment:

Carol said...

So glad that your test was fine - as usual you had a very busy week - I'll be glad when I can be "busy" with things I want to instead of working! That time is quickly approaching again - I hope! Take care and I'll "talk" to you soon!