Sunday, March 6, 2011

Melancholy Weekend

Ted asked what I had to do Friday and I said "nothing." He asked where we had to go Friday night and I said "nowhere." He asked how that happened. Kay had invited us to the club for the evening but I declined. I was delighted to have no plans other than laundry and grocery shopping.

Saturday we attended a memorial service for a friend's husband. They married last Easter and he was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer within six months. They didn't even make it to their first anniversary. It was very sad but a beautiful service.

That evening we attended a St. Patrick's Day Wine Tasting at Terry & Carol's. They had hats, tieras, necklaces, etc. for everyone. There was even a quiz but no one did too well. Instead of general knowledge it was trivia that would only be known to someone who lives in Ireland or studied that country extensively. I was happy my guess that an occurence off the coast in 1915 was the sinking of the Lusitania. I admit it was a shot in the dark when I wrote it down but I was right!

Today after church we met Judy & Harry and Stella & Jay over at Rayford. From there we went to Casa Imperial for lunch. I brought some things back from Mexico for Judy and this gave me a chance to give them to her. Tommy & Susan went to a birthday party in Katy so they weren't there to attend. I have to admit my lunch was disappointing. Ted said the same thing. Either they are slipping or El Chapparo is just way better.

The trip to Coushatta was canceled so we called Mike to tell him if the tile is in, we are home for him to do the work. He said they were due in last Friday but he didn't follow up because he thought he had until next week. He'll get back to us tomorrow.

And so it goes.

No comments: