Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More Grandma Bragging

We just received word that our granddaughter Ally will be inducted next week into her high school's National Honor Society. She is a straight A student and our shining dance star. I'm amazed that she can take dance four days a week and maintain her grades. She is always in about seven of the routines at the recital and that takes a lot of practice ... and she is so darn good! OK, that's enough.

If you know me well, you know I hate to shop but I set out Sunday while Ted went shooting. I had several stops to make but I got finished what I needed to except I forgot to get place mats for our patio table. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I expect people will be sitting out there to eat over the next week.

I attended my bunco group on Monday and Michelle had a wonderful spread of food, as always, and she set up her daughter's wedding photos on the computer in a slideshow. Lauren was a beautiful bride and the photography was fantastic. Such beautiful and out of the ordinary pictures. The groom just recently made the PGA tour so it's exciting for all of us who know her.

Tuesday night was Canasta for me and more shooting for Ted. And I WON! I had really good cards all night and I came home the big winner. I think I'm getting better at this. Then again, maybe not, and I might hit a dry spell so I better not brag too much.

Grocery shopping, nail appointment, and changing bedclothes were the duties for today. Tomorrow I have a Newcomers vote to cast but I'm not staying for their luncheon. I'll come home and get some things ready for my dinner for 13 on Friday night. My sister-in-law and her little dog will be arriving here from Louisiana and she'll be with us for dinner. Later we're going to Terry & Carol's and await the arrival of another brother and his wife from Arizona. Company on!

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" - Let the Good Times Roll

3 comments:

Rick and Brenda said...

Congratulations to Ally.
It sounds like she has her head on straight.

Say Hello to Erma for us.

Rick and Brenda said...

We will be thinking of y'all with your company. Enjoy the moment and make good memories. Love Y'all.

Carol said...

Sounds like Ally has it all together - some students do better when they are super busy - looks like Ally might be one of them.

Have a great visit with you family - you have been working hard getting ready for their visit - now is the time to sit back (as much as you can), relax, and enjoy!