Friday, March 11, 2011

Pretty Laid Back Week

I played Mexican Train on Monday but think I'm going to give up this group. They meet every Monday and I'm not only not interested in doing that, my second and third Mondays are already booked. Also there is a very vocal, unpleasant lady that plays that I can just do without. She doesn't like it here and if I thought it would help, I'd offer to help her pack to move back to Illinois. Life's too short to put up with that negativity. I'll just move on.

Mike and Tim came on Wednesday to do the tile. I had to move everything off the counter and of course it meant I couldn't cook anything. Ted went to McDonald's and brought back our lunch (fish because it was Ash Wednesday) and then we went to the Fish Place for dinner since I couldn't do anything in the kitchen. Shucks!

Thursday the fellows came back and Ted stayed here while I went to my neighborhood luncheon at Babin's Seafood. For fear I could sprout gills and scales being as today is the first Friday in Lent, I opted for the chicken salad. We had a nice group and a very good time visiting with everyone. Two of our friends are getting chemo for cancer but they both looked and felt well and that is a blessing to them and to us.

The tile looks terrific and I'm glad we had it done. This morning after letting the grout dry overnight, I used my countertop cleaner and very gingerly wiped all the counters without touching the grout, cleaned everything that needed to be put back so that by the time Rebecca came to clean, I had all that done.

So now the inside of the house is as done as it is going to be for our company. I've scheduled window washing and power washing for the Saturday before they arrive. I'll get my hanging baskets about then too. That way I have little time to kill them before the company arrives.

We are going to Mel's for all you can eat catfish and shrimp with Gerre and Barry tonight. Now what was I saying about gills and scales?

No plans at all for the weekend.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Heh - just keep eating that fish - it's good for the brain cells! (but sometimes I eat so much chicken I think I'm going to sprout feathers and start laying eggs; however, that's a whole different ballgame!)