Thursday, January 6, 2011


After we came home from church last Saturday night, I didn't venture out of the house until late yesterday afternoon. No, I wasn't sick; I was overwhelmed with all I had to do. First was mail, then bill payment, write a half dozen thank you cards and prepare three boxes for shipping. Then I started in earnest.

All our Christmas decorations were out and the things they replaced were all stored in my closets. When we emptied the car of all our gifts, luggage and family reunion things, I was in virtual gridlock.

First I had to take the Christmas things down and get them back in the attic above the garage. Then I was able to empty the regular decorative things out of the closet and put them back where they belong. In the meantime I got the laundry all done. Finally, I organized all the reunion bag things and put them in the closet.

The bedspread left yesterday so that's another thing out of here! We straightened up and swept out the garage once everything was upstairs. I finally feel as if I have a handle on things.

We kept cooking/eating to a minimum. We had leftover tortellini soup on Sunday, leftover chili on Monday and by Tuesday I had turned our Christmas ham bone into bean soup. You could say we had a "souper" week.

So last night I took the opportunity to go to Happy Hour. There must have been a pent up demand to get out because we had such a crowd! It was 8:30 when I got home and that's much later than I ever stay unless I'm having dinner.

Today we took my car to the Ford dealer to fix the lock on my car door. It needed a new actuator. At first I thought having a broken lock was no big deal. But I soon realized how often I used the door behind my driver's seat. With the lock at the rear part of the door, the only way to unlock it was to climb between the captain chairs or clear across the second seat to reach it. So I had it fixed.

Then Ted drove me to Continental Breakfast. There are lots of new people there each month and is a good way to help them get acclimated to their new home town. I left with Ann to return to her house to pick up paint samples. We are having painting done and she had lots of samples. Ted picked me up there and took me to get a hair cut. From there we went to get my car. I drove myself to the grocery and now I'm home for the evening.

Not exciting by a long shot. But I have to say the 70 degrees and sunshine today made getting out well worth it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Once again you are staying very busy - just this week it's at home getting things put away - I sure do understand that!