Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Stupid Astros!

Well I shouldn’t have bragged on those boys because the next night it was 21 to 7 the other way!  I swear it was like watching T-ball.  Our runs were lots of homers.  The A’s were getting them one single at a time coupled with lousy fielding.  Like T-ball!  I finally made Ted turn it off.  

Tuesday I played cards again, a glutton for punishment, and lost!  We only play in these groups for $1 so it is solely just for socializing.  And we have lunch!  One gal was celebrating her birthday and bought an order of beignets for each table.  Such a nice touch!

I came home and made deviled eggs for Wednesday’s funeral lunch.  It was a small group, about 30, so there were only four workers.  I knew two of the other ladies so we had a nice visit while working.  Despite the smaller group, all my deviled eggs were gone.  One lady in particular REALLY liked them and came to the table three times just for more eggs.  

I brought home a tablecloth to launder and stopped at Kroger’s to buy salsa, chips, pretzels and mayo they need for another funeral on Friday.  In fact there are two funerals but only one has requested a reception.   I’ll drop off the things but don’t plan to work since our Saturday is busy all day and evening.  I leave Sunday morning for Florida and I need Friday to pack and get the house ready for my absence.  

Our neighborhood birthday lunch was on Thursday.  It was my first time since June to attend.  There were 9 of us and we ate at House of Pies.  Hard as it was, I did not eat any coconut cream pie; just my grilled chicken sandwich and fruit!  Three have husbands that need constant care, one has just recovered from a broken pubic bone, one needs a hip replacement but won’t get it done because she is terrified of surgery, four of us our still kicking pretty well unencumbered.  It reminds me to count my blessings in prayer each morning and night.  

No comments: