Thursday, September 26, 2019

Another Week in the Books

We went to church Saturday and then to our favorite Mexican restaurant with Terry and Carol.  I knew I had to get weighed in one day this week so I had pollo primavera surrounded by fresh fruit.  I don’t have a clue what I did Sunday or Monday other than normal things around the house.

Tuesday afternoon I worked at the Thrift Shop and then we went to see Downton Abbey and to Grub to eat.  I had my nails done Wednesday, got weighed Thursday morning and played cards in the afternoon and came in second.  I won $14!  When I got weighed, it was my one year anniversary of reaching Lifetime Goal.  I have been within 3-5 pounds below goal all year.  It still feels good!

Ted’s 75th Birthday was Friday.  He shot in a registered shoot in Huntsville as his choice of how he wanted to spend his day.  He came in second in Main in his class and first in 20 gauge in his class.  I made a peach cobbler for him and we had that after dinner.  The kids sent him a Weathertec seat cover for the driver’s seat in the truck.  The leather is cracking but it has seen many miles and the seat shows it.  They also sent LED flares and triangles to keep in the trailer.  Our 3 hour wait on I-40 in June to have a tire change prompted these gifts.  

Our mail delivery has been compromised with the collapse of the roof of the Houston USPS distributing center during Imelda.  It has been a week and we finally got some mail today.  I am keeping an eye out for my estimated income tax check to clear.  I have no idea how long it sat in the box before getting picked up.  It was late to begin with!  

After Mass on Saturday we went to Perry’s Steakhouse to surprise Ted with a group of friends in a party room to celebrate his birthday.  He was presented with gifts, balloons and a cake to go with his 7 finger pork chop dinner,  his favorite Perry’s entree.  





No comments: