Saturday, September 21, 2019

A Week in Florida

Sunday morning Ted took me to the airport and dropped me off.  Because I had an Economy ticket I was not allowed a carry on.  The $30 each way for the bag needs to be included in your price so it may or may not be as economical as it sounds initially.  But I must say, after the free bags on Delta allowing us to traverse the Atlanta airport unencumbered and only having my purse this time, was nice!

Kristin picked me up and we made a stop at the grocery for ingredients for a few dinners.  She made tomato bisque soup from scratch that was really good accompanied by grilled cheese and the next day I put a pot roast in the crockpot with vegetables for dinner the next day.  It all turned out great and we ate on it for a few days.  In the evenings we binge watched Call the Midwife on Netflix.

Our biggest project was her husband’s photo room.  He was away for the week so we took the bull by the horns and whipped it into shape.  We mailed boxes and envelopes galore of photos to his family members, sorted everything and put like things in containers so it will be easy to locate whatever he is looking for and his good cameras and lenses now have a secure place to sit.  He will be surprised when he gets back!

We had a nice visit and when it was time to go home, Imelda caused havoc all over Houston and especially the airport!  My Friday morning flight was canceled and the best I could do was a Standby ticket on a 2 pm flight.  Upon arrival I was #5 on the list.  The lady said I wouldn't make it, nor the 3:30 one.  I sat down and brought up the email they sent advising me of what to do to rebook.  It said my standby was confirmed.  I showed it to the lady who said that was the flight not my seat.  It said 38B so I clicked Get Boarding Pass and up it popped.  I showed that to her and she became indignant!  She wanted to know who sent me that.  I told her United!  She asked if I paid $75 and I said no.  She said her job was not to question and she printed out a boarding pass reluctantly though I could have used the one on my phone.  I wasn’t sure she would believe my friend and I prayed I would get on!

We arrived home with just enough time to empty my suitcase and put on lipstick when John and Vivienne arrived.  The four of us had dinner at Joe’s and then went to the theater to see Mama Mia!  It was terrific.  We saw it at the Hobby Theater in Houston and the movie on the big outside screen of a cruise ship but I really enjoyed this one best!

We will go to church tonight and maybe out to eat.  Tomorrow Ted is working a sanctioned shoot and I will catch up on things around here.  I did three loads of laundry today so I am that far ahead!

No comments: