Friday, September 6, 2019

Paying the Piper

We spent the night in Corsicana and made our way home a little before noon.  We had emptied the refrigerator and left the doors open so it would dry out.  The rest of our things we put in the back seat of the truck.  That way we only had to put it back in storage, open the refrigerator door and head home.  This works for short trips when we don’t take a lot of food or clothes.  It saves us from paying for a night before and after the trip too.

Ted went back out to the grocery while I put the few things we had brought back away.  By the time he had returned I had a migraine started probably because I had not eaten anything.  By mid afternoon I had a migraine like I haven’t had in a long time.  It sent me to the bathroom several times and left Ted with a my trash can to deal with.  By early evening it had finally let up and he fixed me some tea and toast.

It is Friday and I have been fine after getting a good night’s sleep.  Ted never makes jokes about his wife “having a headache” because he has seen how debilitating they are.  He dreads them as much as I do though they are very infrequent now.

Ted was scheduled to shoot Friday but was hesitant to go if I needed him to stay home.  I assured him I was fine so he went.  There was lots to do around the house.  I cleaned, I did some paperwork and phone calls, emptied the dishwasher and did two loads of laundry.  Another stop at HEB and Home Depot and he came home and made dinner.  We had fallen asleep during the 13 inning Astros game Thursday so neither of us knew who won (Astros).  We spent Friday watching them again.  We will have a quiet weekend before next week starts off another season of being home and staying busy.

No comments: