Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Go Astros!

We had a productive weekend getting little jobs done around the house.  But we have watched the Astros most everyday.  Their bats have been hot lately and they are in great shape to get in the playoffs.  Another World Series win will give lots of folks free mattresses from Gallery Furniture compliments of Mattress Mac, Houston's greatest philanthropist.

We caulked the shower floor where the tiles meet the pebble floor and cleaned and sealed the granite counters.  It has been a year and this is what we were told to do.  I cleaned our front door and once again had black rags when I was finished.  The mold here is a real problem.  It is a dark wood door so it doesn’t show up a lot but looks so much better all clean and shiny.  We have had it refinished once in 16 years so this teak cleaner really helps to protect the finish.

We went to Mass and to the Mexican restaurant on Saturday as usual.  Sunday Ted went shooting and I went through my Stamping Up supplies to give to our friend Sandy.  She does crafts and the whole bin is just taking up space in my hall closet.  Then I sat down with boxes of greetings cards and made sure they all had envelopes, separated them by occasion and threw away the rest.  Like I said, just little things got done that needed to be.

Monday I played cards at Michele’s and saw her new house for the first time.  Impressive!  I could live in their master closet.  I don’t understand such a large home for two people but to each their own.  She has remarried and they wanted their house as opposed to his or hers.  They made a beautiful choice and I wish them happiness.  I lost at cards, again!

I hurried home and Jody was parked in front of my house waiting for me to go to Newcomers Happy Hour.  Between traveling and my Forum work I have not been out in this group much.  Since I am home for awhile I decided I should make the effort to see people.  I had a great time, saw some old friends and met some new ones.  And I always enjoy time with Jody.  She ordered a Chardonnay and I ordered a Moscato.  We were served opposite and I said this isn’t the best Moscato I ever had and she said hers was real sweet.  Lightbulb went off!  We switched glasses and all was ok!



When I got home Ted was switching between Astros and Texans but we settled on baseball and saw the 15-0 rout of the Oakland A’s.  The playoff magic numbers is 8!



 

No comments: