Friday, June 7, 2019

Week One of Doctor Weeks

I had a 10 am appointment Monday for my ultrasound and she did both legs spending a lot more time on my left leg.  I am not sure if that is good or bad.  That gave me a late start with getting daily chores done.  I also had put an  8# pork butt in the crockpot before I left.

Ted had to buy a box and pay $88 to send his gun back, they would not send him the trigger mechanism.  He took it out, he said he could put a new one in.  But they said no.  He has been unhappy with this gun because of constant problems.  So apparently I am buying another set of tubes for Father's Day for his Kolar so he can shoot Sporting Clays with it.  Usually he only shoots Skeet with it.  Whatever!

The pork was done before he got home so I took it out, readied the crockpot and started a second one.  I had pulled most of it by the time he got home so we packed and froze 2 gallon bags, our first Reunion cooking!  We had a silly combination for dinner to help clean out the freezer in preparation for eventually freezing bags of pork. The second butt was done right before bedtime.  We worked together to get it packaged and the kitchen cleaned.

Next up on Tuesday was my neighbor's first cataract surgery.  I picked her up at 1:30, waited and brought her back home a little after 5:00.  I suggested some more freezer things for dinner but Ted voted for going out and chose House of Pies.  You have no idea how hard it is to eat there and not order Coconut Cream pie, but I did it!  Grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and water.  

Wednesday was an early day.  I had to leave the house by 6:15 am to drive a friend to the hospital for some foot surgery.  As fate would have it, I woke up about 3:00 am and never went back to sleep.  It was just starting to get light and raining something fierce when I left on my “corporal work of mercy.”  I used that term on my grandson but I think it went over his head!  We arrived in time, valet parked and made our way to surgery.  Everything went well and we were on our way home by lunchtime.  I helped her into the house and she wanted to take a shower and wash her hair.  Once that was accomplished I fixed lunch for us both and stayed until her husband returned home. 

The next day I went over to fix her lunch and stayed for a few hours.  Friday was back to the doctor for a bandage change and brunch out before returning home once again.  She has been doing so well and has had virtually no pain.  What a blessing!

Week One of Dr. Uber is in the books.  Next week is cardiologist, endoscopy and mammogram.  Two for me, two for Ted.  So far everything that has been done to everyone has been good with no problems developed and healing coming along nicely.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Ted put his smoker on the deck and chose to smoke the rest of the pork butts and shoulders.  He finished two more along with a brisket and is it ever good.  There are 98 people coming to the reunion so we have to continue on until we have at least 25# of meat prepared.  I am not sure how many guests are children but we will have PB&J for those not interested in our pulled pork.  People arrive all day long so we will start serving by 3:00 and keep the crockpots going until all have eaten which may be late into the night.  There is a big shopping day at Costco in our future when we arrive in Nashville.

Ted is working an NSA registered shoot on Saturday and I will clean house and start assessing what clothes I am going to take with me on our trip.  Besides 5 days in Nashville, we will spend two days visiting The Ark, 4 days at Elk Lake for the 4th holiday and our godson’s college graduation party, a dinner with my brother who will be in Cincinnati when we are, a grade school group dinner and a group high school lunch.  That leaves about three days yet to plan!  Then we will move on north to Celina OH for two nights so Ted can shoot with my other brother before heading to where the kids live.  We will be there just short of two weeks and Ally’s baby shower will be the day before we leave for Indiana.  Except for a summer dress or two for the dinners, shorts and capris should be fine for the rest of the time.








No comments: