Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Start of Doctor Week #2

We watched golf and baseball over the weekend, went to Mass, out afterwards to eat with Terry and Carol and pretty much stayed close to home.  Ted did finish smoking all the pork so that is done.  Seven shoulders and butts made 25#.


Monday was our joint cardiologist appointment.  Dr. D said my vein still has some remnants of the DVT but agrees with Dr. P that it has probably just become attached to the vein wall, hardened and will cause no harm.  My vein valves still leak somewhat in the left leg but since I am not experiencing any symptoms we will leave well enough alone.

They took Ted’s history, gave him an EKG, were amazed at his BP and also the fact he takes one 20 mg antacid a day and no other meds.  They gave us a paper saying he was low risk for his upcoming annual endoscopy.  Ted asked me if he needed that and I said no, I think they did to have a reason for the visit.  She said to come back in one year for both of us!

Gerre stopped by to bring the beautiful blanket she crocheted for our great grandbaby.  What a tremendous gift that can be passed down to the next generation when the Acosta babies are grown.

We had dropped the truck off to have the transmission fluid changed so when it was ready I dropped Ted off and went on to the nail salon.  Now to get a haircut before we leave!

The stupid NBA finals were on Monday night so we watched some stuff on A&E which we never have on.  Most everything else is reruns now.

Tuesday was a shooting day for Ted and 3-13 card game for me.  (I lost!). When I finished, I stopped at Hobby Lobby to see if they had dollhouse nursery furniture.  I am buying the crib and dressing table or dresser for our great grandbaby due in October.  By the way - It's a GIRL!  Until they move to a bigger apartment they don't have room so will use the bassinet and Pak N Play initially.  To avoid being emptyhanded  at the shower I want to wrap up a tiny crib and dresser.  They were out of nursery pieces but the lady ordered some that should be on the truck arriving Thursday.  

So I went to the Dollar Store and stocked up on greeting cards.  I lost my Birthday Alarm account when I had to change my email address and have missed most everyone's birthday and/or anniversary so far this year.  They allowed me to change my email but no notices have come through.  Whatever!  Good news though regarding the gas company.  They sent me a bill!  It took 6 months to achieve that but I was never able to get them to just email the amount I owed even though my account has my new address.  Again - whatever!  


No comments: