Monday, June 17, 2019

Dr. Uber Week #3

Wednesday was Ted’s annual endoscopy.  Dr. W said he took a few biopsies but didn’t see anything that looked too suspicious.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that he is correct.  If any Barrett’s reappears it will be back downtown to Dr. E for an ablation.  I had to drive him of course.

Thursday was our ladies luncheon but only three of us were there!  We normally stop for the summer but we were encouraged to keep having it.  Maybe we should have stuck to the original calendar.

Friday was my mammogram so I drove myself over and back with a stop at Hobby Lobby for the dollhouse nursery set I will wrap as a gift for Ally’s shower.  When they have moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in the fall I will order and pay for whichever bed, mattress and dresser they choose.  Kara is buying the high chair and will use the third piece of the nursery set in the same manner.  No dragging huge boxes around doing it this way.

Ted was gone all day so I started right in on cleaning because Sherida and John are coming Sunday for dinner.  They have had us twice in their new home and I am falling behind.  We are leaving next week so I wanted to be sure to have them before we leave.

Saturday was our normal routine.  I finished up getting ready for company by cleaning our bedroom and bath last, going to the store and setting the table.  After Mass we ate at home.

Ted shot early on Sunday, Father’s Day, and received gifts, cards and calls from all the girls.  I bought him a lovely card and as soon as I find it I will give it to him!  He has his two new tubes for his Kolar gun so he was fine.

Sherida and John came and we watched some baseball until the Astros were way behind then switched to the Open.  Being at Pebble Beach made it fairly late here.  We stopped for dinner, played some cards (I lost again!) and then had dessert.  It was a fun day and it was nice having them over on Father’s Day.

This week is my last two Dr. Uber duties.  I have to go for a UTI check up to be sure all is clear.  Nancy has her second cataract surgery Tuesday and I will be taking her.  Wednesday is haircut day for both of us.  I will then have a few days to prepare for departure!

It is late in the season for us to still be here but the weather has been pleasant so far and the storms throughout the Midwest made us glad we aren’t in the road.  I hope Mother Nature is done for awhile!

No comments: