Thursday, February 28, 2019

Lost Some Time Somewhere

I thought I had written a few paragraphs for Tuesday and Wednesday but it is Thursday and my page is blank.  I played Mah Jongg on Tuesday and attended an Instant Pot class followed by a lunch with Dave and Karen and dropping my car off for new brakes on Wednesday.  I assume I did some daily routine things too but now you don't have to be bored with the details!

PS - I still cannot post photos.  Bear with me!

It is Thursday morning and the helicopters are up again.  They are right over us.  That means there are "unknowns" in our area.  Here is the news for this week and a letter from a lady up near Laredo.

RGV Sector Apprehends Nearly 7,000 Illegal Aliens in One Week
 
Rio Grande Valley #RGV Sector continues to apprehend large numbers of illegal aliens, averaging nearly 1000 per day.
 
RGV Sector leads the nation in illegal alien apprehensions, the sector now accounts for nearly 50% of all arrest along the entire Southwest border.
 
Yesterday, RGV Sector agents arrested more than 1,300 subjects, which marks the second time in two weeks this number has been reached. A majority of these arrests are family units and unaccompanied children from Central and South America, which greatly impact the number of agents available to carry out the border security mission within the RGV Sector.
 
At the current rate, the Rio Grande Valley Sector is on pace to reach 240,000 apprehensions for this fiscal year.
   
Please visit www.cbp.gov to view additional news releases and other information pertaining to Customs and Border Protection. Follow us on Twitter at @CBPRGV.

THIS IS FROM A WOMAN WHO OWNS PROPERTY ON THE MEXICO / UNITED STATES BORDER. THIS IS IN REAL TIME, HAPPENING RIGHT NOW

"I live on the Border and NO one but us knows what is happening.
"I live 1/2 mile from the border in El Indio, Texas. Last week, we had over 40 people pass through our ranch. One group of about 15 men pulled a gun on my husband and had a 13 yr old Mexican girl that they kidnapped from Guerrerro, MX. She had blood all over her and had urinated on herself. 
My husband was able to, with the help of Border Patrol agents in a helicopter who passed over, get the gun from the illegal man (he was Honduran) and they rushed the poor girl to the emergency room for help because she had in fact been kidnapped and gang raped by these men. This is just one of many stories we have. 
Two nights ago, 3 men came up to our house. One of them was an elderly man who was almost dead. We gave them water and protein bars, called BP and 911 for the man to go to the emegency room. 
We are kind people and believe in helping people in need BUT there have been 3 attacks on my husband on our ranch, 2 of which were directly at my home, in the last 3 months. And that really means something because we are considered an area that does not NEED alot of help!!! 
I got so MAD when I watched and heard what Pelosi and Schumer said concerning Trump's "manufactured" drama with the border. 
That is such garbage!!!! They are ignorant liars!!! How many people have to be hurt or attacked? 
There has to be someone in our government who stands up and helps our Border Patrol. From Eagle Pass to Laredo, there are only 3-5 guys on call, and it could be 2 guys against a group of 50+. 
Its horrible!! We need help!! The wall needs to be built, not at the port of entries but between them.
Pelosi is a moron if she thinks that added more security at the borders will help because, Hello Nancy, they are NOT COMING THROUGH THE BORDERS.  THEY ARE COMING THROUGH MESQUITE AND BRUSH.

Someone needs to define crisis and emergency to me because I apparently have a different definition than some people.  

On Thursday, Mimi and I rode to breakfast together and went shopping afterwards.  My favorite store before I lost weight is closing!  At first their sizes were 14-26 or so and I could wear some of the smallest things.  Then they moved to 12 and then this year to 4!  I had a hard time finding anything but there was about 2 feet of Smalls.  I bought a black and red dressy blouse and a pair of Slimsation ankle jeans in size 6 (woohoo!).  Ankle jeans on me are slacks that don't need hemming!  Mimi took me to Texas Thrift, a store everyone talks about.  It is huge, very well stocked and is like the shop I volunteer at when home only much larger.  My curling iron tip, where you hold it with your opposite hand, came off so I needed a new one.  I found a brand new Conair for $3, a package of 6 Thank You notes for 66 cents and an ice cream dish to match the 7 I have at home for $1.  There were all kinds of things, well organized, clean and so spacious.  

When I returned home Ted went running around in my car so I waited for him to return so I could go next door to do a load of laundry.  It was dinner time by the time I returned but neither of us was hungry.  Eventually he had a sandwich and I had a bowl of soup then we stayed in for the evening.  

Friday was Mah Jongg and Ted was running hither and yon in my car.  I am not sure just where he went or what he was doing.  

Well it is Wednesday again and I need to wrap this up.  Ted called card bingo on Saturday.  I asked Vivian to be my partner but neither of us won.  Ted and his group went to El Dorado to shoot Sporting Clays instead of skeet.  I had a good day at mahjongg. Monday I took Sue to Texas Thrift and she found designer jeans for next to nothing and Tuesday I taught Nancy the rudimentary rules of mahjongg.  She went with me to play and seemed to grasp the concept.  Gerre and Barry arrive today.  Helicopters were up last night.  BP was in here but I don't know the outcome.  Helicopters are up again this morning.  And life goes on ...

No comments: