Thursday, February 14, 2019

What A Weekend

Well the fashion show and weekend in Cincinnati have come and gone.  The fashion show turned out great.  We made almost $900 to donate to the elementary school for this area.  I bought the casual outfit I modeled but not the other outfit.  I wanted to wear a sheath dress I ended up buying but the owner wanted me to wear an elastic waist skirt and lace overblouse which looked nice but wasn't my first choice.  


Tommy and Susan arrived while I was at the Fashion Show so we met up with Jay and Stella to have dinner at Ranch Burger.  

We were up very early Saturday to get me to McAllen airport for a 7:20 flight.  I had to change terminals in Houston, a first time experience, and arrived in Cincinnati on time.  I picked up my car with no problem and met my P&G friend Karen for lunch.  From there I headed to church to meet up with my K-12 school friend for Mass.  She was my Plus One for the Anniversary dinner to follow.  We drove separately a short way to the restaurant and arrived before Karen and Ron.  They were certainly surprised and delighted to see me.  

Her children did a really great job decorating, ordering a cake and gathering the whole family.  After everyone was finished eating, there was much laughter, lots of ribbing and teasing with tears of joy thrown in.  I am very glad I took the time and expense to be there.

I went to Karen's to sleep and got sick in the middle of the night.  I had started feeling poorly before the party but pushed through.  There was no ignoring it later though.  I didn't get much rest and by 9:30 the next morning I called Karen on the phone to come down to my bedroom.  She asked what she could do and brought me some things. 

 I took a shower and ate toast and tea Ronnie made and stayed in my PJs watching it snow until about 3:30 when I had to get dressed and leave for the airport.  Just as I went out to the car the snow turned to sleet.  Great!  I took my time, stopped for gas and was so grateful when the rental car shuttle driver walked up to the car and requested my luggage.  It is like walking a half marathon to get to your gate in these airports anymore.  When we landed in Houston it was a Terminal change again resulting in what felt like a full marathon!

I arrived a few minutes early in McAllen and was relieved to be at Gate 2, ground level, about 50 feet from the front door and a bench to sit on until Ted arrived.  And it was 66, not 22 degrees out.  It was good to be home.

I took Monday to continue recovering and rest and eventually felt better.  Tuesday I played Mahjong and won two games!  Unfortunately I received a text that my friend's 8 month old granddaughter who had aspirated food into her lung, had died that morning.  Such heartbreaking news.  I finished the game but didn't start another one and apologized but left.  We were going out to eat with Jay, Stella, Tommy and Susan but I kept thinking about those poor young parents.

Wednesday was Gonzales Burgers for lunch and then the flea market.  Terri, Les and CeeCee joined all of us.  The burgers are so big we all split one.  Ted had a business  lunch so I split with CeeCee.  We perused the offerings at the flea market and I bought 3 more games for the Silent Auction, a new laundry bag and some hand cream.  You think there is nothing you need to buy and still come home with something!

When we came home I could not find my I-Pad!  We looked high and low and could not locate it.  I called over to Tommy's and Teri got on the phone and helped me Locate My IPad and it worked.  The beeping started in the coach house and it was in a bag with the new games in the old laundry bag I started using to hold all that is going home and put in the coach house.  I am not sure how that happened.  We had taken each bag out of the laundry bag looking but had not looked in each individual bag.  Why would we?  

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  Hope you all have a nice day celebrating with your love.

πŸ’—πŸ’πŸ’˜πŸ’žπŸ’•❤️πŸ’–πŸ’Ÿ


No comments: