Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I Need Three Wardrobes

Cool, Pleasant, Hot - Everyday is a crap shoot in getting dressed!  We have been in the 30s and the 90s.  Throw in my trip to Cincinnati and add gloves and winter coat to the mix!  Keeps life interesting.

Since neither of us had anything in particular to do Monday we went to the grocery.  When we came back I made peanut butter cookies and brownies for the Border Patrol.  Trudy and Mimi will deliver them to the station.  Ted took the opportunity to get my tires rotated because we bought them here at Pueblo Tire two years ago.

I was thinking smoked sausage, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and cucumber salad for dinner but Ted wanted me to try Golden Chick he had eaten at while I was gone.  I had the roasted wing and breast, fruit salad, roll and drink, he got the tenders, fries, roll and drink.  The bill was like $13 because drinks, huge cups, are included.  And the chicken was awesome.  I would certainly go back.

Tuesday dawned cool and misty.  Ted's shooting was canceled and because it was such a crappy morning I decided to check in to WW and do my monthly weigh-in.  Last month I was down .8 lbs. and today I was down 1 lb. more. That put me 5 lbs. below goal.  She told me to stop losing and I told her I wasn't trying.  I guess I could eat more "cheat" things than I do.  I don't drink calories and I don't eat junk.  No game play snack browsing and no cocktail party grazing.  But I will add a potato or roll, etc. to my meals now.  I was sick in Cincinnati and didn't eat Sunday and that probably was a factor.  Now I have to weigh in once between 3/1 and 3/31.  

I played Mahjong in the afternoon and won a game.  Each of us did so that made it a good day.  We had leftovers for dinner and turned the fireplace on and settled in for the evening.  

I did virtually nothing on Wednesday. I just took the day off.  Other than getting showered and dressed, fixing that aforementioned sausage dinner, cleaning up and paying our flood insurance, I did nothing!  Ted ran to Walmart to pick up his script after shooting skeet with Mark.  I like taking days totally off on occasion.  

On Thursday Ann picked me up in her new red Lexus.  Such a pretty car!  She also had Elaine and Lorraine with her.  Breakfast was at Rosie's and to celebrate my weight loss chastising I ordered the special - 2 pancakes, 2 strips of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs.  I used no butter and sugar free syrup on  the pancakes and they tasted really good!  I wasn't hungry the rest of the day.

I spent time on the phone ironing out all the reservations for Ireland.  We have 5 doubles and 2 singles for a total of 12 people.  The 6 from Cincinnati are all on the same flights, 2 will fly from Phoenix.  The 4 of us from Houston are on different airlines because the other 2 are going a day early and staying on a few days after.  Once GCT had reserved our flights I went into the United Airlines website and paid extra to pick the seats I wanted, two aisles, one behind the other.  We are set!

Trudy called and asked if I would ride to Weslaco with her so I did, Mimi went too.  We shopped at Lionel's, Well's and Mimi's Attic.  Our Mimi loves antiques so we just couldn't pass up that store.  It was one of the nicest, reasonably priced antique store of its kind I have visited.  However, I bought nothing at any of the stores.

When I arrived back home Ted had ordered a pizza for dinner.  I still wasn't real hungry but ate two pieces. We will see how adding in a few carbs plays out.  I brought my scale with me!

No comments: