Sunday, February 3, 2019

Big Week Coming

Sunday was 80 and sunny!  I put shorts on for the first time this year.  Ted went shooting and I cleaned and then went to the laundromat.  Shortly after coming home I left for Mahjong and won TWO games!  I am getting more familiar with the card.  It is only good for two more months before the 2019 cards come out.  Ted made dinner and he watched the Super Bowl while I paid sparse attention to it.  

Monday we were getting ready to go to the post office and Walmart to refill my script.  Trudy called and asked to ride together to the ladies lunch but I hadn't signed up.  She said "come anyway."  One of the gals taking care of it was on the cruise and the other one went somewhere else.  Only four of us showed up and eventually the manager asked if he could release the tables he had reserved for 24!  Not sure where the disconnect was but somebody goofed!  After lunch, Trudy and I stopped and bought a few door prizes and gift certificates for the fashion show and then came home.

After dinner we went for a walk and then watched The Bachelor.  This guy needs a backbone.  These girls are jerking him around big time.  

I woke up at 5 am Tuesday and spent the rest of the morning in the bathroom.  Something certainly didn't agree with me.  Ted went shooting and I was still in my PJs when he returned.  I decided to forego Mahjong, just in case!  I was tired from getting up so early and it took every ounce of strength to get a shower and straighten up a bit.  I talked to Kara and Kristin for awhile and Ted made dinner.  We stayed in for the evening and I was feeling much better.  

We both listened to Trump's SOTU address.  I wish some of those politicians would come down here to see what goes on.  There is only our gun range separating us from the river.  Helicopters are up most mornings and nights.  There was an old Hispanic farmer on our news begging for a wall across his river property.  He draws water from the river for irrigation and has been run off by drug dealers when he tries to turn the pump off or on.  The farm has been in his family for 4 generations.  He is afraid.  

My Jet Pack wifi battery died.  I can play some games and write on my blog but I can't connect to the Internet. Ted tried Battery Plus and Verizon but neither had one so he had one shipped. Since it is a lithium battery it has to come ground.  Lots may have transpired when I get this published but I may be able to use a public wifi when I travel this weekend.  We also received a call from Ted's brother Kevin and we have decided to all go to Ireland in the fall.

Thursday breakfast with the ladies was at my favorite place.  I came home and made 4 dozen Rolo pretzel bites dipped in white chocolate for the Fashion Show and will fill the lemon tarts tomorrow before getting dressed in my modeling clothes.  

I received a call from Matt at Grand Circle Tours and started the process of reserving rooms for the Rogers Clan to visit their grandparents' homeland.  Only one of the eight Rogers sibling has passed away and we decided before we all have to gather for a wedding or funeral, let's go on a trip to remember.  So the wheels have been set in motion for this to happen.  We have only been to Dublin so we look forward to seeing the rest of the Emerald Isle.  It will be our sixth trip with GCT.










No comments: