Monday, July 9, 2018

Weekend Came and Went

Saturday, despite my phone advising me of the time and distance to church along with a traffic report, I fooled it and we went to Gerre's instead.  That will teach them to pigeonhole me.  I was flabberghasted to learn that my phone assumed where I was going at 4:40 on Saturday when I got in my car!  Big Brother is indeed watching.

Our plans for a swim party were ruined by showers but that didn't stop the festivities inside along with a great meal.  Eventually we left for Fay's and watched 45 minutes of fireworks over the lake.  Her deck afforded the whole bunch of us front row seats.

I don't know what my phone thought when we left at 8:45 for church on Sunday!  I didn't look.  We saw friends Jeff and Rachel who had a thyroid tumor removed that froze one of her vocal chords.  She had just had some sort of treatment and could talk some but very softly and a bit gravelly.  And it was announced a young man had died in an accident.  I told Ted we will be having a funeral this week.  Monday morning I received word they were in the process of planning a funeral for a 14 year old boy.  How sad!  I learned on Thursday it was a four wheeler accident.  

We originally received word that both our shower enclosure and granite would be installed Wednesday.  Then it was changed to granite installation on Thursday. There are a few things for the contractor to do when those two things are done but they are minor.  I will send Gregg an email and see what date we can have the painting done.  I am confident that we will have it all done before Ted's cataract surgery.  

So no one was coming on Monday and I took the time to assess my clothes for the cruise in September.  I have enough but will need to keep checking how they fit as we get closer.  

Then I printed our Seapass and luggage tags while I had the time.  Getting the cruise tags on luggage after you get off a plane can be tricky.  We have tried folding, tape and staples in the past.  Last year in anticipation of our Hawaii cruise that never happened due to my DVT and PE, I bought special plastic tags with screw on metal rings for both us and Irene and John.  They worked well!  I printed enough to have the cabin info visible on both sides.  I have two extra tags and will take them to Kristin for her two cruises.  


Other than that, I didn't do much.


Tuesday I didn't have anything particular to do so I put a new chicken dish in the crock pot and did two loads of laundry.  I called Sam's and ordered two half sheet cakes for the funeral on Thursday.  They are predicting 1,000 in attendance because of the many church groups the parents belong to and the friends and groups this young man encountered in his short 14 years.  

The shower enclosure people arrived about 9:00 on Wednesday. But I will not call Gregg to paint until the granite is in.  I don't want to waste Gregg's time changing dates if the granite isn't here as they said.  It is all coming together!


Thursday morning we had no idea if anyone was coming.  Ted went to Sam's and picked up the two cakes and took them to church while I stayed home.  Then he stayed while I went to WW.  He told me no one was coming after he called Chris.  Ted chewed him out because once again communication was non-existent.  When they said it would be Friday Ted said we weren't going to be home and it would have to be Monday.  I went to my meeting then picked up Jeanette to attend our neighborhood ladies luncheon.  Returning home, Ted announced we were going to the granite place to get some answers.  We went to the storefront for the granite fabricators.  They had us on their calendar for Friday and assured us the ogee edge was being done.  They said the hold up was the contract they were working from said "waterfall edge" and we told the template guy "ogee edge" so it had to be reworked.  We set it up for Monday morning and saw them erase us on Friday and move us to Monday.  Now we wait!  No word from Chris all day.

I am down 32.8# and am about 7# away from goal.  When all this construction is done and I start cleaning the house thoroughly as it should be I hope the extra energy spent helps me get there!  

No comments: