Friday, July 20, 2018

My Last Attempt

Okay, I will not try to insert photos after the fact.  If I want you to see something I mentioned previously, I will do it separately.  If that doesn't work, I will just sign off and try Wordpress or something.

My big dinner Sunday did give me a "no loss" on Thursday.  Actually, I think it was overdoing zero point fruit (Bing cherries to be exact).  They are zero points but still have calories.  But they are so good and around for such a short period of time!

Our bathroom hit a bump in the road and it didn't turn out well.  Our contractor Chris had given us a good sized sample of what he said was the only one that would match our espresso cabinets.  We asked about going to the yard to pick out the slab and he said that wasn't necessary.  Two companies came to measure, Romero and JRT.  Romero called our sample one name and the lady said it was Santa Cecilia.  Ted told her the other fellow called it something else.  He said we didn't care what name they used but it needed to match that sample because everything else had been chosen using it.

Come Monday, after a week's delay, they arrive with dark brown and gold granite.


Our sample is this.


I said it wasn't what we ordered and I wasn't accepting it.  There was a lot of back and forth and Ted decided to go see Romero with our sample. He said it was Ornamental Light and Ted remembered then it was the name he originally mentioned. I wrote Chris, told him our sample was Ornamental Light, brought to us by him, and we had not signed off on any granite and the Santa Cecilia was wrong.  

Ted said he wanted our granite money removed from the invoice and we would handle the granite ourselves.  Chris wouldn't even come over and look at it!  I think they realized it earlier and that was the delay.  They maybe thought they could get it past me.

The cost was just about what we owed so the difference was minor.  They wrote a new invoice stating they will do the four minor things remaining after the granite goes in.

We called Romero. He came and re-measured, sent us to Galaxy Granite to pick out the slab we wanted.  In this huge yard filled with hundreds of slabs of all kinds of granite, I walked up to a slab and said I am looking for something like this. What is it called?  Ornamental Light she said.  I laid the sample on it and it was a perfect match.  We did the paperwork, called Romero, and he was on it!  

Overall I guess that isn't too bad after all.  We didn't lose any money (they may have with JRT depending on who ordered Santa Cecilia) and eventually it will get done.  We will be waiting another two weeks now but I will have what I want.  Once the granite is done, the faucets, grab bar, toilet paper holder and cabinet touch up taken care of, Greg will come and paint.  He just said to let him know when we are ready!

I am closing now and hope this works!








No comments: