Friday, June 1, 2018

Wind Down Week

Tuesday and Wednesday we recovered from our day in the sun and geared up for one last group to be entertained at our house for awhile.

I spent part of the time pampering myself.  My eyebrows have needed touching up for some time so I took care of that on Tuesday.  And Wednesday was haircut day and it was way past being needed.  In between I did three loads of laundry.  When that was all done I went to the store again for food for Thursday's crowd.  Then I used my blueberries to make 24 mini muffins for a funeral on Friday and a dozen large ones for Thursday's Shanghai group.  

In between all of this we have been picking out things for the bathroom.  Chris stopped by with the piece of granite he thought would work best with our espresso cabinets and the "warm" tones of the rest of the house.  Gray and white are the big look now but that just isn't me.  Too stark for my taste and just wouldn't go with our bedroom or anything else in our house for that matter.  He was right on and we agreed with his choice when we put it on the counters above the espresso cabinets.  Next up is floor and shower tiles.  We hope to get to that by the end of this week.

I went to my WW meeting Thursday
 morning and am down 27 lbs.  Finding things to wear is getting difficult.  Even my recent purchases, some of which I haven't worn, are now too big!  

We had a group of 10 to play Shanghai and I couldn't do diddly squat.  Everytime I wanted to buy a card, the person in front of me took it!  I would need one of any five cards and could not draw or have one thrown.  I hadn't backed myself into a corner needing a specific card but I couldn't get what I needed for love or money.  So I lost! 

Ted had spent all afternoon at the gun club to get out of the house and brought Subway sandwiches home for dinner.  He knows after entertaining and cleaning up that I wouldn't feel like cooking.  He knows me well.

On Friday I dropped the mini muffins off at church for the funeral then continued on to the country club to meet Gail so we could pass the baton of Regent Care Nursing Home on to the three new Chairs (not to mention the 6 containers of supplies and decorations I have housed all year!).  Gail treated us all to lunch and we spent two hours discussing all kinds of things.  I saw a half dozen other friends enjoying their lunch too.  

I returned home around 2:00 and we took off for Floor and Decors to pick out our floor and shower tile.    This is worse than looking through wallpaper books!  A young man Kevin took us under his wing and was oh so patient.  We chose floor tiles, shower tiles, hexagonal shower floor tile and decorative tiles for a band around the shower walls and the inside of the niche that will be built.  It took us quite some time to choose.  There are such subtle shades of colors and needing to pick four different tiles that all went together well with the granite and cabinets was no easy task.  

We stopped at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner and came home for the evening.  It has been a busy week so I took a nap for an hour or so.  Sometimes you just have to stop and regroup.  

I have been busy cleaning the linen closet and all the cabinets in the master bath.  Getting down is still a problem for me but only half the problem of getting back up!  It is taking me much longer than it should have.  We went to church and then out to eat.  I am getting really good at finding things on the menu that work for me.  

While Ted was shooting Sunday I finished up with my projects and then went shopping. I bought a size 10 dress.  Woohoo!  

Tomorrow is an appointment with the cardiologist.  We will see what she has to say about her colleague's lack of professionalism last week!


No comments: