Friday, June 22, 2018

Just Staying Home

I haven't done much of anything but stay home, watch the doors stand open while we air conditioned the outside and gathered up the dust!  Now that's a waste of time.  

Workmen have been in and out everyday.  The shower and floor are tiled.  The new door has been hung and the other door opening dry walled.  All the electric has been completed and the new lights hung.  Two different companies are bidding on the granite more for timing than cost and we have ordered our shower enclosure.  I have picked out the paint and sent all our timing info to the painter but he will be last to come in I think.  And now we wait!

I put an ad in our neighborhood classifieds offering my ivory drape to a good home and a gentleman right across the boulevard picked it up the next evening.  It was posted for a half hour and I had four inquiries.  Shows you free is good!  I was pleased when he emailed me shortly after picking it up saying how nice it was and thanked us saying that we are good neighbors.


So I thought why not post the two vanity light bars?  Same result!  A lady picked them up the next morning.


There are many still trying to recover from Harvey and I just couldn't see tossing usable things away.  I also didn't want to charge for them.  They served us well and were being replaced for aesthetics, not because they needed replacing, and I knew Free would move them quicker than anything and I was right.

I fibbed when I said I just stayed home after looking back on the week!  It was just that one of us was always home.  I took my bunco group (9 attended) to lunch on Monday as a farewell thank you gesture.  I chose a nice restaurant and picked up the tab.  One lady is interested in keeping the 18 year old group going so I sent her all the info and forms I had on my computer.  I will be the #1 sub and will play when I am in town and am needed.

I played Mah Jongg on Wednesday but received three phone calls and was so distracted that I played poorly.  I couldn't turn my phone off because I knew Ted would have questions and he did.  Also, one call was from the doctor for my September ultrasound on my legs.  I was flustered because I didn't have my calendar with me and was just hoping I picked good dates!  I did.  Mah Jongg is not a game where you can chit chat during play.  You need to concentrate and listen for tiles called.  I didn't win any games.  😬

I worked Thursday at the Thrift Shop and to add insult to injury, I gained .2 at WW.  That's less than 3 ounces but still a gain and no loss.  Getting meals together with all the activity was more "grab as you go" and that is never good.  Back on the bandwagon this week!  And now I have another box to ship to Ohio because I worked the kids' table and lots of nice things came in.  I buy mostly for my sister's 7 great grandkids.  My 14, 16, 24 and 28 year old grandkids aren't too interested though a Minecraft T-shirt I bought last year was a big hit with Morgan!  

Tomorrow I am attending a baby shower for a friend's granddaughter.  We have moved on to the next generation in both family and friends.  We have one granddaughter married but no great grands on the horizon.  I know Katelyn is a Disney nut so I chose Minnie Mouse red polka dot wrapping paper.  After 3 daughters and 3 granddaughters I have seen enough pink everything to last a lifetime.


Let's hope this all posts.  I still haven't figured out what has changed to cause the posting problem.

No comments: