Tuesday, June 5, 2018

And the Renovation is Scheduled to Begin

We went to my cardiologist appointment and of course she blamed the hospital on the communication snafu on the day of my procedure.  She insisted they have a second number to call if the doctor does not respond to the first.  I find it hard to believe his own nurse in the cath lab or the manager of the cath lab didn't know this and try several ways to reach him.  He was at the other hospital completing a complicated procedure but someone dropped the communication ball.  I also told her how disappointed I was that after being told my hematoma could get bigger and cut off my air supply and to call 911 if that happened that no one from her office or the hospital called to check on me the next day.  She said she didn't know about the hematoma or she would have. Again ... Whose job is it to report to you on your patient?  

I told her it was said and done and let's move on.  This time she indicated a vein in each leg needs to be collapsed.  So I will have another Dopplar on both legs in September and then see her two days after.  If the thrombosis residue is diminished she will set the wheels in motion because insurance clearance will take a month.  So in the meantime we will go to Rome for 4 days, then cruise for 9 days and have the procedures done one at a time when we return.  I think she said they will do my right leg first which looks perfectly fine to me to see how well I tolerate it.  If all is good they will do the left that has two very visible veins.  I have to wear compression stockings while flying and if I will be walking all day, plus continue with my Eliquis.  So for now, once my mammogram is done next week and comes back Normal I am good to go until Fall.  Ted will see the eye doctor June 25 and hopefully his cataract will be ready to be removed.  Then he will need to stay close for two weeks.  

The third thing on the agenda and keeping us home is the bathroom renovation.  We have picked everything out but the paint which we won't need for awhile.  We have the 5 door handles already, two lights were delivered yesterday, all the tile was delivered today and Chris is trying to reach the plumbing supply place to check on our hardware and sinks.  We have chosen the granite but that comes later.  They are starting Monday.  So just maybe sometime in July we may be able to slip away for a little while.  

Tuesday I worked at the thrift shop and will go back to cover a double shift for a friend on Thursday.  There were so many bags to be emptied!  I didn't feel like we made much of a dent in what needed to be done!

I took a half day vacation Wednesday morning, i.e., I did nothing, but then we took off to run errands to the post office, bank, dollar store and grocery store.  I mailed a package, then deposited a check, stopped to find a plastic devil egg dish but they didn't have any so I bought just a plastic platter.  I have to make two dozen deviled eggs for a funeral on Monday along with two gallons of tea, a gallon of lemonade and a case of 8 oz. water bottles.  They are expecting 500 people, thus the large amount of things needed.  We bought all we needed at HEB and chose coconut shrimp for our dinner.  It was really good!  

Thursday was WW at 9:30 and thrift shop work at 10:00.  I am down 28.4 now!  Less than 11.5 lbs. to go!  Things were a mess at the shop.  We have no control over donations and sometimes it just gets overwhelming.  There was a need for children's play clothes in the store so packed summer bins were brought down and we checked and tagged both boy and girl clothes.  I went through the infant bins again and refilled the store bins.  There was a pile between the two tables that we all tackled and when we left it was all cleared off!  Sandy and I also did several bags that had been brought in.  I left at 2:00,  more than ready to sit down!

I bought lots while I was working though, a small phone case that can be hung around your neck, perfect for traveling as it can be slipped under your clothes and hold your phone, driver's license, credit card and a few dollars while leaving your hands free and a pair of Chico slacks in my new size!  There were lots of new with tag items for the kids - Justice tops and bathing suit for Lily 


and five baby outfits that I keep on hand for our prolific extended family.  There was a Mickey Mouse purse for Morgan or Kara who both love Disney items 


and a 3 piece swim set for Jameson.  


Mixing work and pleasure!

No comments: