Saturday, June 16, 2018

Dust, Dust Everywhere

I don't do well in dust and chaos but I am hanging in there!  It is Saturday and I think the worse of the dust will be over.  I could write a dissertation on my dresser in the dust.  

To add to the mix, our new security system was installed and they came on Friday.  I don't know how to say "what the hell" in Spanish but I bet it was uttered a few times by the tilers as our Vietnamese installer had to get into our closet to change out a motherboard!  It was a day of diversity!!  Then there was the lawn maintenance crew but they stayed outside and away from all the goings on in the driveway!  


This is the shower almost completely tiled.  It will take almost three weeks for the frameless glass to be ready.  They cannot measure until the tile has all been set.  It is bigger than it appears, about 4 X 4 floor plus the bench.  We chose to keep the seat (bench did not translate to my Spanish tilers) having had experience with hip surgeries and back surgeries in the past.  Most of our neighbors are empty nesters and retirees.  A walk in shower, with seat and grab bar could be a blessing not only to us but to any buyer down the road.  I remember the doctor asking after my first hip surgery "What are you going home to?"  When I told him no steps, walk in shower, seat and grab bar he said I was good to go, no rehab place was needed.  

Our security system is up and running and all this technology is taxing my brain!  I can run my whole life from my IPad or telephone.  Our installer was very patient with me and told Ted I was good with the new technology.  "You can fool some of the people some of the time, etc.!"

No comments: