Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Someday ...

Remember I told Ted I just need to get through April, then it was May and then June.  July looks promising!  Usually we are gone so I expected our social life to be non-existent.  And redoing a bath isn't something you do too often.  But I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger and I am not sure how that happened.

We went to church Saturday night after I came home from the shower and Ted returned from working some charity event at the gun club.  

Katelyn and Matt


Afterwards we tried to eat at Cheesecake Factory with Terry and Carol but ended up at Brio because of the wait.  We finally used a courtesy offered by the dealership where I bought my Expedition - free valet parking at the mall!  All you need is the license plate holder with their name on it. I seldom go to the mall but with the crowd around the restaurants, this perk was much appreciated!

My friend Irene fell last week and has a fractured pelvis.  She isn't in a lot of pain but is pretty much confined to a wheelchair until it heals enough to put weight on it.  Carol and I told them we would bring dinner over Sunday and then play cards.  I made mac and cheese in my Instant Pot (so incredibly easy) along with cole slaw (Carol likes mine).  Ted bought an angel food cake and I cut up strawberries, huge blackberries, raspberries and blueberries (from my freezer) to top the cake followed by Cool Whip.  Carol made baked beans.  We stopped at Spring Creek BBQ and bought turkey, brisket and pulled pork plus some green beans.  They threw in 6 of their rolls for good measure.  Quite a feast!  

We enjoyed a nice meal, played cards (I came in third for lack of one ace in the third round!) and then enjoyed dessert.  Since I had some mac and cheese I didn't eat the cake, just the berries.  I hadn't put sugar on the fruit but instead sprinkled lemon Crystal Light sparingly over it.  Enhances flavors, adds a bit of sweetness but no calories.  

Monday was Ted's ophthalmology appointment and he is now scheduled for cataract surgery 7/25.  The bathroom should be done, he will have to see the doctor the next day and then in one week.  If all goes ok, we can take off the first week in August.  And I will have made it through July!

Tuesday I worked at the thrift shop and in the afternoon was expecting the drywall guy to come fix the light switch hole.  But they changed it to Wednesday when the tile guy will come back to fix the top row in the shower.  It starts with a small gap, continues on, then the next piece is about 1/8-1/4 inch bigger and at the end overlaps the crown molding.  Not going to fly with me!!

Ted went to finish his Sporting Clay league followed by a "banquet" and I waited for the carpet guys.  Our bedroom carpet needs stretching and all the carpets need cleaning.  I will be ready to call them as soon as the bathroom is done.  

Wednesday the tile got fixed but I don't think the tiler was happy with me.  He kept saying he was going to show me by measuring.  I told him I don't care how it measures, I care how it looks.  Having half the tile on top of the crown molding and the other just below it (as it should be) is not what I want.  I don't know how Chris made him understand but he fixed it.  They drywalled the last few spots, put in the new toilet and put up the towels bars, door handles, etc.  They won't be back now until Thursday when the granite is installed.  We can have the painting done now but I am getting the feeling Gregg is too busy since his answers to my inquiries have been non-committal.  I need to nail him down or move on.  

Once Ted was here to run the show, I left to play Mah Jongg.  I won two games out of six.  One was a closed hand (pays more) and I pulled my own tile so I got paid double!  Made up for last week!

Thursday, Gregg the painter came to give us an estimate just as I was getting ready to leave for WW.  He went over all that has to be done and gave us a price half of what the contractor's painter wanted.  Gregg has painted our house inside and out plus the deck and I know what kind of work he does.  We will call him with the day the granite and glass will be installed and he will come right after that occurs!  

I went to my WW meeting having missed the last two because of working those days.  I would get weighed and leave right away.  Today I was able to stay after weighing in down 30.6 lbs.  I am 9.6 lbs. away from goal.  (Happy Dance!).  Afterwards I went to Ross and Marshall's looking for rugs and towels for our bathroom.  I found two pictures that work well that I noticed while standing in line, I didn't find towels and feel the rugs I brought home are too busy and clash with the granite.  Back to the mall tomorrow.  I did buy two shirts for me too.  


Tomorrow is dinner at Joe's Italian restaurant followed by opening night at the community theater.  No big plans for the weekend though!  

No comments: