Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Well it Is Wednesday

I have had a week of Sundays!  Every day has felt like Sunday ... since Sunday!  Tuesday night I was wondering why the stock market had been open!  I seldom know the date but usually know what day it is!  So today is Wednesday.  I am going shopping this morning, grouting my table this afternoon and to another park for a show this evening.  And tomorrow will be Thursday.  Got it!

Monday we joined a large group (54) of our neighbors for lunch at the Republic of the Rio Grande restaurant.  It was a lively group and the restaurant did a decent job of serving everyone.  Ted did not get his Diet Coke and as I looked down the long table I saw no one had a drink other than water.  What are the odds no one had ordered a drink?  Oh well, water is better for you anyway.  

I am usually up by 7:00 but on Tuesday, when I had a 9:00 o'clock meeting, my 8:00 o'clock medicine alarm on my phone woke me!  I had to start getting ready.  All the fashion show models were meeting with the ladies in charge for directions on where and when to go for choosing outfits, where we will dress that day, where we will walk, how to display points of the outfit as it is described, etc.  Echo, Belinda and I are assigned to 10:30 am at Lionel's in Weslaco, a western wear store.  Good thing I brought my boots with me!

Ted was shooting and then gave instructions on shotguns to a couple who had requested his help.  They were rained out last week.  By the time he came home I was going out the door to play mahjong.  His afternoon errand was to pick up three prescriptions at Walmart, two for me and one for him.  Before I made it home he was back at the gun range and had a bobcat sighting.  I ate a salad for dinner and he fixed a couple grilled cheese sandwiches for himself.  It was a real in and out day!

Eileen and I went shopping for a bit on Wednesday morning but I had to grout my table at 1:00 so we only hit two stores.  When I returned I grouted my table which didn't take too long.  For dinner we went to Souper Salad! with Tom and Eileen followed by a show Timeless Treasures, a one man show singing all the hits of the past.  He was okay but I wouldn't run out and see him again anytime soon.  

Thursday I met some neighbors for lunch and then hurried home to seal my table. Such a time commitment for one little patio table.  Here is my finished product.


It was cool and drizzly and we stayed in the rest of the afternoon.  After dinner we played another game of Mexican Train in the coach house.  

Friday was mahjong again and a trip to London Grille for dinner where we all had some of the best BBQ yet.  I had turkey but the others had beef and pork.  London??

I had to make my bread pudding for cooking class and I also included vanilla sauce that got too thick but we spooned it out anyway.  Next week's assignment is to make something in the Instant Pot using the slow cooker setting.  

John and Vivienne arrived just as I came out of the clubhouse so we gave them the grand tour (they were very impressed) and drove to the gun range and the palapa on the river.  Two Texas patrol boats had pulled in and we talked to them about what else, the guns.  Our company was excited to see Mexico on the other side of the river.  Before we left I gave them 7 bowls, 7 spoons and 7 napkins and the rest of the bread pudding.



We went to church with Tom and Eileen and had to fight the traffic caused by the Citrus Fiesta Parade. Just as we tried to leave after Mass there were floats, horse trailers, school buses, etc. attempting to get their passengers at the end of the route which happens to be near the church.  We finally made it to Cracker Barrel and met up with John and Vivienne.  After dinner we said a final farewell to Tom and Eileen who pulled out this morning.  The four of us went on to see Southern Anthem at Bluebonnet park.  This young man who plays a mean fiddle pulled me from the audience to take me on stage to serenade me.  When Ted was fussing around trying to take this photo I told him "These old people take so long taking a photo."  He said "I understand!"  LOLOLOL








No comments: