Friday, January 5, 2018

Back In The Valley Again

On Friday we made plans to go to Mexico.  I have lists from Kara and Carol of meds they want.  I bought a leather pouch with high end colored pencils from an artist here for Morgan and I found a gift for Carol's birthday.  I figured it was best to get their things, put in the gifts and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, at the post office.

Our first stop was at Almost Free Pharmacy where I got 3 of Carol's 4 items and checked prices on other things we needed.  Next was the dentist where Eileen made an appointment.  In the meantime Ted went to get his first annual pedicure.  His second will be in March before we leave.  For some reason he will not get one in the US.  

Eileen, Tom and I made our way down to where he was and then went to Pancho's for a margarita before heading to Jessica's for the rest of our meds.  


Carol's 4th item was going to take a bit to get so we were invited to have a free margarita in the restaurant while we waited.  We had our free drinks, lunch (four longches for me for $5), free soup, and a free cut up cinnamon roll for dessert.  When we went back to the pharmacy, our pile was waiting - Carol's 4th item, Kara's 2 items and the things we needed.

We made our way through the vendors and across the bridge to Customs.  We claimed our items (less than 3 months' supply) and headed to the car.  We came home after being gone 6 hours!  It was close to dinner time but we weren't hungry!

On Saturday we returned to BB&B for Eileen to return something and I decided to buy the cloth Christmas napkins I had passed on.  I actually got two sets, 8 of the ones I wanted 12 of (but there were no longer 12) and 16 of another to cover a bigger crowd when necessary.  I also bought two copper grilling mats for Ted.  Eileen has a plethora of coupons and with them and the 70% after Christmas discounts I saved almost $75!

Then we stopped at HEB because I was buying that birthday gift inside their boutique.  Only another Texan will think nothing of that!  Eileen wanted to stop at Bath & Body Works too.  We finally made it home and I had only 5 minutes to get to my Instant Pot cooking class.  After class I had a bit of time before going to church.  We learned poor Nacho the llama passed away this summer.  He has been replaced by Philomena.  She played the part of the camel who came with the Magi in the gospel presentation. She even knelt at the part where it says they "prostrated themselves before the child." Her only problem now is she is scared to death of the dogs. They had to all be cleared out of church so she wouldn't be swinging from a ceiling fan if she saw one! 

We had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse before coming home.  I left my phone in Tom's car but I called it using Ted's phone and they turned right around and brought it back!  

Sunday was an open house here in the Village.  I promised Kathy I would gladly show the coach house for her.  There was moderate attendance but everyone commented this coach house was one of the best ones they had seen.  A real interested party would certainly consider it.  I hope she receives some calls!  She did note on the handout that the property was rented until 4/1/18 which we appreciated.  Don't want our spot pulled out from us!

Ted had gone to Coyote Shooting Range with 6 other fellows to shoot Sporting Clays.  He was really hungry when he returned and suggested we use our Cracker Barrel gift card and bake the meatloaf on Monday! 

Well here it is Thursday and I have lost three days!  There was ladies lunch on Monday when I drove Judy and Tanya to the restaurant.  I played Mahjong on Tuesday after mailing our packages off and attended my Sunflower stained glass patio table class on Wednesday.  I finally was able to sit down next door with Marilyn and have a nice chat.  Then we went to Bar B Cuties for dinner with Tom and Eileen.  

Such is life in the valley!







1 comment:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.