Friday, August 11, 2017

Back To Busyness

My calendar was filling up the whole time we were gone.  I left knowing I had 4 Doctor appts when I returned plus various other recurring things starting up again.  Two big things coming up are the WOW Social where everyone signs up for the year's activities in our area and the Forum sign up for volunteer opportunities for the next 6 months.  

My bunco group is part of WOW so I will be at a table answering questions and taking names of interested parties.  Once my roster is filled I will complete what we call The Infamous Sheet that lists all members of the group with their info, the new list of subs with info, and the hostesses and dates for the entire year.  Everyone gets a copy including the newsletter editor.  This way she knows each month who is hostessing and can fill in our group's info with no further follow up.  This gets changed as people come and go from the group so I have a date and time stamp programmed on it so the ladies know if they have the most recent copy.  

Gail and I are in charge of Regent Care Nursing Home holiday parties this year for Forum so we will be at a table taking names for the first four dates.  I need to prepare all the computer and paper work for this activity.  This includes sign up sheets to begin with and then entering it all so people receive a notice they are signed up, get a reminder a week before and then divide up the things needed to be brought by the volunteers and relay that info to them.  When it is over a thank you note goes out.  The hours must be entered and forms for money reimbursememt readied for processing.  Whew!  And that's before we get the entertainment set up and decorations decided.

We arrived home Wednesday and my neighborhood ladies luncheon was Thursday.  It was good to see everyone but most of our conversation was around medical issues!  At least half of us are bothered with back pain.  Merry was really uncomfortable and doctor's names were being handed out.  I have an appt with the pain doctor Tuesday but it is my understanding I can't get an epidural shot while on Eliquis so I am not sure where we go from here.  I used an ice bag the entire trip sitting in the car so my pain was under control while traveling.  Tylenol and Lidoderm patches got me through the other times.

Friday night we were invited to Irene's for dinner and cards.  Five couples in all would be there.  We had her four bags of coffee so we took that to her.  After a dinner of chicken cordon bleu, scalloped potatoes and fresh corn, we played Shanghai.  I was in second place and on track to win money but for the lack of a 10 or Jack of Clubs in the last hand it didn't happen.  Easy come, easy go.  She served pineapple upside down cake for dessert with coffee.

Ted had a 4H gun shoot to work at the gun club Saturday and I did laundry and ironing.  We went to church, then to Walmart to pick up a prescription and then to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner.  I was ready for my couch because it was 8:30 by then.  We used to go out at that time!

Sunday was a lazy day.  Ted went to a memorial service for a fellow from the gun club that passed away.  It was in Willis, TX  and wearing dark slacks, a white golf shirt and Navy blazer he was the best dressed he said. Actually he said overdressed but I put a positive spin on it!  He said he was glad he didn't wear a suit!

I did some paperwork getting ready for my busy week ahead.  I need to get my plants back from Judy, go to church Monday or Tuesday evening, doctor on Tuesday, Mahjongg on Wednesday, a 2-hour trial run working at the thrift shop Thursday and Forum sign-ups and meeting on Friday.  Life is getting back to normal.  Certainly hope I am up to it!


No comments: