Thursday, December 10, 2015

Countdown to Post Time

On Thursday I attended my neighborhood ladies Christmas luncheon.  We rent a small treehouse room at a local restaurant so we can move around, exchange our gifts, talk and not bother others.  Medical problems persist but we had 13 in attendance which is a pretty good turn out.  After a nice lunch and gift exchange I came home but Ted was back at the gun club getting his scope sighted since it got too dark last night to continue.  He is going back tomorrow to work so Mike can attend his daughter's college graduation.  I have a hair appointment and then we have dinner with John and Irene so I don't mind.  Mike should definitely attend the graduation.

We have decided to leave on Sunday, 12/20.  We were waiting to see how my sister in law's health issue would turn out and she is good to go for now.  More tests are scheduled but not for two months.  By then we will be three weeks away from returning home.

I was to get a haircut but received a call that Cindy was at the doctor again so we changed it to Saturday.  She works so hard, even with her health issues.  I pray she is better and nothing more serious has been found.

I started loading my clothes on the guest room bed and then got ready for our dinner out.  We met John and Irene at P. F. Chang's for a nice change from all the Mexican and BBQ restaurants in the area.  They are going to the Bahamas the day before we leave so it was good to get together with them.  Irene is talking about coming down with Patti to see us in Mission.

On Saturday Cindy was better and gave me a haircut.  Then after church (where we AGAIN forgot the toys for the Giving Tree), we went to play Shanghai.  We were bombarded with info when we arrived.  Our hosts and their grandson had been in an auto accident that morning.  Both were sore from seat belts but no serious injuries.  Their car was totaled.  A young man was late going to school detention that he got for being late!  Another couple canceled at the last minute because a tornado had touched down in their area and emergency vehicles, etc., were all over the place.  Also, the weather stayed iffy. But the hosts chose to continue on.  My cards were so bad it would have been better for my dime purse if they had canceled. We all were relieved no one was hurt in all the excitement of the day.  Here is our annual Christmas photo.  We were told to wear red!

First thing Sunday, Ted took our two gifts up to church since today was our last opportunity.  I went to the grocery to get food for the church pantry and left it all in my car.  At Bunco tomorrow I will leave the hatch back up and put in what my Bunco Gals bring and then deliver it right to the food pantry after Bunco is over.  I put ribs in the oven for dinner and just stayed in while watching the gloomy rain outside.

Kara called to tell us another Michigan friend has died.  When we lived there, Ted belonged to a group of 8 that bought the last tee time of the Saturday 6 am hour and the first of the 7 am hour at the city golf course.  They mixed up their foursomes and always had a good time.  On occasion we women would golf too.  Our big outing of the year was the Chicken Open held in Frankenmuth MI, famous for fried chicken dinners.  One year our foursome actually won it.  We spent most Super Bowl Sundays at this individual's home, partied with them all at the Elks, we had progressive dinners, New Years Eve parties, etc.  Jeff was the fourth of the 8 to leave us.  Cancer took the first three but we only know Jeff was prayed for in our old church where Kara still attends for some time.  All the women are still with us.  May Jeff rest in peace.  He was one of the good ones.

Here are the six babies, the grandkids of my niece Cindy and Tim, at the Festivals of Lights in Cincinnati. They are so lucky to be surrounded by their cousins and are together for most holidays, vacations and weekends at the lake.  Such an opportunity is priceless.

Monday Ted left for Dallas and I headed to our Bunco lunch.  I had come up with a Jeopardy Christmas Bingo game by combining the two games with questions about Christmas.  We had a lot of fun with it and all the gifts were very nice.  I received a cute Santa.

These are my two gifts from the parties.  The lamp from my neighborhood party and Santa from the Bunco Group.

Tomorrow I will be at the Mehodist Church heading up the Shelter Santa intake day.  It is a full day and will be followed by Irene's birthday dinner.  I may have to wear my uniform if it gets to be too late to come home and change!

No comments: