Monday, October 12, 2015


It was time for our Canasta group to start up again.  Everyone was still busy or gone in September so we were actually getting started a month late.  Unfortunately it was sort of a repeat of my ladies lunch.  Geri arrived using oxygen, Michele was in a sling from rotator cuff surgery, Teri is having eye surgery and then there is my hip!  And this is a younger group.  Anyway I came in the middle of the pack again where I always end up in this group.  We play partners and a different one each of four games so you are not necessarily the master of your own destiny.  But for $1, who cares?

Tuesday was my final pre-op doctor's appointment.  He said we are good to go with nothing coming out of the tests to indicate otherwise.  So I went to the nail salon to get that out of the way.   I should be OK in that department until I can drive again some weeks down the road.  We had roast chicken for Sunday dinner so I made a pot pie with the leftovers.  I know this is something Ted won't make while he is doing all the cooking.  

Isabelle was due on Thursday but called on Tuesday night to ask if Wednesday at 10:30 would be ok and I said yes.  At 1:00 on Wednesday I called and she said no she was coming Thursday!  I asked at 10:30 and she said no 1:30!!  I think I will just bang my head against the wall.  At least it won't hurt once I stop!
She finally came at 1:00 on Thursday and the house was cleaned.  I wrote two and four weeks out dates on a piece of paper for her.  I don't think her English is as good as I assumed. Saying yes does not mean "I understand and agree" obviously!

We met Terry, Carol and their son Ken for dinner.  She is having follow up doctor appointments and had spent all day in Houston.  It was the only chance we had to see Ken.  

Friday I attended a General Meeting of Forum where I did the devotional and spoke on Gift Distribution for the Women's Shelter.  It was wonderful to have so many give me hugs, promised to pray and offered to do anything I would need after surgery.  Unfortunately we lost one of our best members this past week and she will be sorely missed.  She was one of the most talented and accomplished gals I ever knew.  May she rest in peace.

In the evening we met Gerre and Barry for dinner and the theater.  She brought my birthday gift but I had walked out without hers!  Dinner was good and the play was so funny.  We really enjoyed this one.  We also saw friends we hadn't seen in quite some time.  They were guests at the play of our other friends, Gene and Jennifer.  All in all, it was a good day.

Saturday we had to stop by the RV place and pay our rent for the last quarter of the year.  Then we went to Randy and Brenda's for a birthday lunch for Randy.  He is Ted's shooting buddy and had open heart surgery while we were gone and coded twice on the table. It was a blessingto be able to celebrate another birthday with him.  Afterwards we drove by Gerre's to drop off her gift.  We gave it to Barry and said we couldn't stay.  We wanted to go to church and that's just what we did.

No comments: