Sunday, April 6, 2014

Errands and Doctors

Monday afternoon I did lots of laundry that had piled up during my gallivanting.  I remember doing laundry everyday when all three girls were home and even more on weekends.  It just never ends.  But at least I don't have to beat it against a rock in the river.

Our last Senior Bingo Lunch was Tuesday so I was up and out early.  It was entirely catered so I didn't have to make something but I did take two bingo prizes.  I always watch to see how quickly they go so I know if I am on the right track with what I purchase to bring.  My two were gone right away so I am still doing well in my selections.  When I haven't bought something specific, Tide, coffee and stamps are always popular.  This put me at 46.5 hours and I am scheduled for four hours at the Thrift Shop which gets me past 50 (barely!).  It all starts over in June.

First thing Wednesday morning I got the leaf, pads and tablecloth out for the dining room table.  We were having Terry, Carol and their five visitors for dinner.  Before Ted got up and would have helped me get the table together I received a call from Terry that the stomach bug had hit and dinner was out.  We were sorry to miss their family but I didn't want to get sick either.  I put everything back in the pantry and the refrigerated things into the freezer.  I will use it all sometime.

Ted and I were out several times this week doing some sort of errand each day.  Bank, pharmacy, post office, grocery, Sam's, etc.  Errands pile up too.

The next day I visited my doctor for my six month bloodwork to be sure the medicine I am taking for my cholersterol is working and not causing any side effects.  Liver enzymes are important to watch.  He checked me over and said he would call in a few days with my numbers.

That afternoon I had another appointment with the dermatologist about a lump on my scalp.  He said it was probably a cyst but should be removed so we made an appointment for the next day.  I never gave much thought to the quickness of this scheduled procedure.  On Friday we returned and my scalp was numbed and a cyst that was pure white and looked like a small tooth was removed.  That's when he said he was relieved because so many scalp things turn out to be metastized!!!  I am glad he waited until all was OK before mentioning that.  Now I have stitches that will be removed when we return from Kerrville.  So I am waiting for pathology reports from two doctors.  Getting old isn't for the faint of heart.

I spent Saturday at home taking antibiotics and Tylenol but we did go to Mass at 5:00.  We decided to try the new Golden Corral for dinner.  At buffets I try to choose a dinner - salad, meat, vegetable, starch and a dessert and not over eat.  I have noticed portions are smaller so those that want to try many things don't waste so much.  I did opt for two desserts - a tiny strawberry pie that was very good and cotton candy!  It was just me and the kids hanging out waiting for the pink fluffy stuff to be twirled on the paper cone.  I can't remember the last time I had one.  

Young love is like cotton candy, it is always sweet yet easily dissolves and fades away.

No comments: