Monday, April 21, 2014

I Must Be Blessed

Well I am still waiting on the landscaper.  I can understand weather delays, availability of plants, etc.  I can't understand having to hound a company for information.  Despite a call at noon asking for confirmation they were coming the next day as rescheduled, I received no call back so another call near the end of the business day was met again with excuses.  I asked just when they were going to let me know they weren't coming.  I never did get an answer.  I told them to forget it and she PROMISED they would be here on May 7.  I hate to start over and am too busy to interview others so I am giving them one more shot.  But if the owner shows up he is getting an earful.  I haven't been able to get past the office lady. And I swear as God is my witness it will be done on May 7 or nothing short of doing it for free will change my mind in firing them.

Ted had his annual endoscopy done on Thursday and all appeared OK.  Of course we are once again awaiting pathology but the doctor said he didn't see anything of any concern.  It has been over six years since his problem so we keep our fingers crossed and do the annual procedure.

Sadly we attended the funeral of the father of our "home campground" owner.  We have gone to that campground consistently since it opened and are good friends with the couple that own it.  We enjoyed talking to Billy's parents when they were in residence in their motorhome.  May he rest in peace.  He had some rough last years.

I did laundry all day long on Saturday.  I was really playing catch up in that department.  We chose to wait until Sunday to attend Easter Mass so while I was busy in the laundry room, Ted went shooting for a bit.  I made a beer can chicken for dinner and we watched TV in the evening.

We attended 11:00 Mass on Sunday arriving at 10:30 so we got a parking spot and a seat!  At 3:00 we met up with Carol, Terry, Irene and John at a restaurant for an early dinner.  It was sort of sad having no kids around to hunt eggs but the 10 kids and 18 grandkids among us were not around.  Distance and other sides of the family play out on holidays.

Today was bunco, nails, hair and packing!  We hit the road again tomorrow heading to a wedding in Ohio.  I used the leftover chicken to make a pot pie for dinner and we are loading the car!

"Travel makes one modest.  You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world," ~ Gustave Flaubert








No comments: