Thursday, April 25, 2013

Good Check Up

Tuesday I met Jennifer for lunch and we did a little shopping.  The deck guy cancelled Wednesday morning for fear of rain (which it didn't!).  We actually had a beautiful day while states up north are still dealing with some snow.  Friends keep sending me photos of it.  I KNOW what it looks like.  That is why I live here!

It was our 48th wedding anniversary yesterday and Ted bought fillets and grilled them. We are going to Perry's for dinner Saturday after church to celebrate.  Ted loves their pork chop!  We were delighted to receive oodles of greetings on Facebook from family and friends as well as some cards in the mail.  It is nice to be remembered.

Today Ted left for Dallas on business.  It is also today that the Bush library is being dedicated and I hope it doesn't cause backed up traffic.  I know he has a hotel reservation so maybe the newspaper and library are far enough apart that it won't impact him.  I have been to the other Bush Presidential Library in College Station so I will have to see about getting to Dallas to see this one.  LBJ's is in Austin.  Eisenhower was born in Denton TX but moved to Abilene at a young age and that is where his library is.  We have also visited the Truman Library in Independence, MO.  While in Little Rock we saw the Clinton Library but didn't have enough time to visit.  So much to see, so little time to see it!

Three exhibits we would recommend people see are the Will Rogers Museum in Claremore, OK; the Federal Building bombing site in Oklahoma City and Woolarock in Bartlesville, OK, the country home of Frank Phillips, founder of Phillips 66 (which was named for the mother road, Route 66).

Sorry for the detour but you don't even want to get me started on our National Parks - Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone, Alamogordo, Arches, Mesa Verde.  Again, so much to see, so little time.

But my best news this week is Ted's two biopsies were nothing of concern and my mammogram was normal.  Whew!  Good for another year.  I will see the eye doctor tomorrow and the dermatologist next week.  That should do it for awhile.  At least I hope so.

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. - Erma Bombeck















No comments: