Monday, August 1, 2011

I Have Pictures!

The kids all made it in safely on Saturday and we met up here at the campground to go to the wedding. We were seated about half way up and I was on the side aisle so Ted and I could get out easily at Communion time. So I have no pictures of the ceremony. The entire church filled including the balcony. It was a beautiful ceremony and went off without a hitch.

Now I can show you some of the pictures we took Thursday while putting Cindy's finishing touches on the room. First is the bag of chocolate hearts I had to unwrap. Karen, Ron and Ruth worked on the peanut butter cups. Voila! The finished candy tables. There were three buffet tables set up for the 400 attendees, these two with the head table for the 20 person bridal party to the far left and a third buffet table in the smaller room. Next is an overview of the room and a close up of a table with the black candy box in place as well as the centerpieces Cindy made. The hall bought them from her after the party.








Lighting was very low at the reception so I couldn't get many pictures that were light enough. Here are the bride and groom, the wedding cake surrounded by the grandparents' wedding pictures, Karen and moi! and Pat and Ally dancing.





We went out on the veranda and took a few family photos.



A great wedding and reception. Knowing Amy and Landon as I do, I expect a great marriage for all the years of their lives.

The next day we met up with Ted's family at the golf course restaurant where his two sisters live. I figured we would have 16 people but then it grew to 39 and ended up at 48! We took over the restaurant. It was a wonderful visit.

Here is about 1/3 of Betty & Les Rogers' grandchildren, 31 in all. The second is the next generation, again about 1/3 of the total (55 I believe) with three more on the way. There are six in the next generation but they don't live in Cincinnati.



Pat and Kelly headed back to Michigan and we left with Kara's family to the Newport Aquarium. The Riverwalk in Newport, KY is a great venue and I think Cincinnati missed the boat on this one. Here is the Cincinnati skyline and some great photos inside the aquarium.







Next up was dinner with my niece Jill from my father's side of the family. She reminds me so much of our Kristin and she is a delightful young lady. We are all friends on Facebook so we keep up with each other and don't need to "catch up" but can just enjoy each other's company. We sat for several hours visiting before taking a picture outside to send to my Dad who turned 85 yesterday.


Ted took the camera and here is his contribution - a picture of his new tank and a third filter before the fuel enters the trunk tank.




"The more fun you have, the greater your value to yourself and to your society. The more fun you share with others, the more fun you have."

2 comments:

Carol said...

Great pictures of you, Ted and the family. Looks and sounds like you had a very eventful weekend! Glad you had such a great turn out at the wedding, reception, and your family luncheon.

Barbara said...

Wonderful memories and great pictures!