Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Off to Florida

I am in Florida playing nursemaid to our youngest daughter, Kristin, who had surgery yesterday morning. She came through it well and is now home. I'll be here until next Sunday and then head back to Ohio.

We went to dinner with 12 RELATIVES last Saturday. Nathan, Meg and Nolan were some we hadn't seen yet and it was a pleasure getting reacquainted with 2-year old Nolan who we hadn't seen since his first birthday last year. He is so cute and smart, talking up a storm. Hot bacon slaw and pretzel bread were served at the Bier House and I could have filled up on just that.

Sunday we left early for our drive to Lexington where I got the best deal on a plane ticket. Cincinnati is the most expensive airport in the nation. I hope they didn't pay much for that study because I could have told them that for free! The city is filled with billboards encouraging you to fly out of Indianapolis, Dayton, Columbus, Louisville and Lexington ... and a lot do, including me.

Kristin picked me up at the Orlando airport, we stopped for some groceries and went home to prepare for an early day on Monday. We had to leave at 4:45 a.m. to get there in time. It took exactly as long as they said it would, everyone seemed to know what they were doing (that's good!) and we had no issues. Kristin spent the night and I picked her up this morning about 11 a.m.

I'm at the library typing this because I don't have my laptop. Ted has custody back in Ohio so I'll catch you all on the flip side next week!

No comments: