Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Settling In

After finally adjusting to the seven hour time difference when we first got back, I had another hour thrown at me when DST went away! I slept until 6:30 this morning so I think I'm OK now. On the other hand, I'm grateful for all those 3 a.m. wake-up calls because it allowed me to get the trip blog finished when there wasn't much else I could do while Ted was sleeping.

This past week we both had doctor appointments and I had a dentist appointment. I'm glad to report Ted's blood pressure, cholesterol and PSA are all good and he takes no medicine for any of those things. I also had lunch with Gerre and Jennifer on Thursday.

On Saturday I had lunch with Susan and when Ted returned from shooting we went to Rayford for the chili-cookoff/Halloween party. What a crowd they had. I don't think you could have put one more vehicle into the park. There were lots of adults as well as kids dressed up for the festivities and RVs had been decorated for a contest. There was a keg of beer in the middle of the breezeway and 22 entries in the chili contest.

Music started at 3:00 with the potluck at 4:00. The chili was the main dish with all sorts of side dishes and desserts. Afterwards we all went to Tommy's motorhome and sat around a campfire. It was perfect weather. In fact, the weather report this week gives our weather an 11 out of 10!

Sadly we have two funerals this week at church, a 16 year old girl and a young mother. I'll be working the luncheon today but just cooking for the one on Thursday. I wash all the tablecloths so I'll have to get them right back up to church for the second luncheon.

Wednesday is our Newcomers breakfast club and Carol has invited me to a Habitat For Humanity luncheon on Thursday. Then it's Wine Tasting on Saturday with Canasta Monday afternoon. It doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things.

Kristin is coming here for Thanksgiving and we're taking her to San Antonio and San Marcos over the weekend. We've made plans to go to Florida for Christmas because all three of our girls and their families will be there. We'll be at Disney for two nights, out near Kristin for 5 nights in a motel while Kelly and family stay at Kristin's and then hit Punta Gorda to see my Dad, Cape Coral to see a friend, Naples for New Year's Eve with friends from New York and Lady Lake to visit friends and allow Ted to call on the newspaper as we head for home. We'll stop in Slidell, LA too to see our sister-in-law. We'll get a lot of visiting mileage out of this trip.

People have been asking me if I've got next year planned. We'll probably go to the Rio Grande Valley in February for a couple weeks, we have Sam's 1st Communion in Michigan in April, a wedding in Cincinnati the first part of June, our granddaughters' dance recital mid-June (Morgan is now dancing as well as Ally) and a trip to Cancun the end of August with Ted's brother.

I have to take all these events and start making a plan. I know we won't be out as long as this past summer. We're flying to Michigan in April for just five days and will head out later with the RV in time for the June 4 wedding in Cincinnati and then travel to Michigan. Where we go from there until we need to be home in August is up in the air right now. They say if you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans.

No comments: